FM2013 - Have it your way...

With every iteration of FM there have always been improvements and after listening to the Podcasts, these lists of small and big improvements goes into the hundreds. But with the game achieving realism we only just dreamed about in the days of Championship Manager on the Amiga, it has also made the game very time intensive to play.

So whilst SI cant release FM2013 with lots of features removed, howabout allowing the user to customise what kind of features they can have off and on or a few presets to select to allow the game to be as immersive or casual as you like.

Personally speaking, I'v had the opportunity to have a quick go on the handheld version of FM and it's great. It's more detailed than CM1 on the Amiga but you could argue it's also quicker to play. One fascinating aspect of FM is to see the power come and go to certain teams, seeing what regens are created but if you only have time to do about 9 seasons then all the hardwork is kinda pointless. Likewise, something which deters me from FM Handheld is to only have 30 seasons. Would be great to have a game where you can do the seasons quickly and have it limitless so you can see how big clubs fall from grace (and then recapture their magic at times) and what new stars are created. Add the 3D Match Engine to that and it would be even better. Others may not like the 3D and some may not like the 2D and would want commentary only. Herein lies the ability to choose.

Press Conferences...some may like them all at once, others not at all, some may only like them sometimes. So have a ratio...once a month or when something big happens such as you beating a top team, qualifying for final etc.

This forum testifies that with FM, everyone is different and it appears more and more of the original fans are becoming alienated due to the lack of time they now have to play the game due to work/family issues taking more of their time. Sadly we dont have the hours to devote to it like we once did and so you have a large degree of fans who love the game but are neglecting to buy it due to the inability to devote long hours to the game. So it would be nice if SI took the route of making the features customisable for the next release and cater for everyone.

(It has been said before that for people requesting a version im proposing to just get FM Handheld, but I dont have £450 to blow away on an iPad.)

then it wont be FMH will it ? handheld on the computer ? you going to carry around your computer with you ? sure no worries

Obviously it would need a new title, but I think an up to date cut down version of FM for the PC (like FMH) would be fairly popular.

There are already nice options to customize what you are taking charge of as you can leave a lot of stuff to your assman.

However, I agree that even more options to customize your involvement in the game would be a desirable thing to have :)

There are already nice options to customize what you are taking charge of as you can leave a lot of stuff to your assman.

However, I agree that even more options to customize your involvement in the game would be a desirable thing to have :)

The thing is, if you do leave stuff to your assistant it will 'recognise' it within the game and state it such as 'doesent speak to the media' - well thank you for making me feel like im not doing 'everything'. These things need to be turned off completely. With having less things, it made you feel like you was doing more. In the current game you can ask your assistant to do this, ask your assistant to do that. You can get feedback on what team you'r playing such as when they concede goals, you can ask their opinion on your own team.

It's all a little silly really because it seems like you'r just doing what your assistant is telling you what to do. Whereas when you couldnt let your assistant do things - because the game concentrated on the core element - all you knew then was that your assistant had to get on with the squad and was a good trainer. These days he seems to be the one doing everything. Dont see the fun in that myself.

Archived