They are laughing at me!

So i started off unemployed in my 1st season. At xmas time i was offered the Montpellier job which i accepted

They were 1 from bottom and they don't really have a good squad and they don't have much money to improve that squad. anyway by the end of the season i was up to 12th. the media prediction was 13th

i thought i had done ok. i had Won 11 Drawn 4 Lost 11, not the best ratio but then again not the best squad either

i resigned after at the end of the seaon as i thought 6 months in a job will get me on the job ladder. How i regret it!

Iv applied for the PSG, Arsenal, HSV, Lille and Liverpool job but i just get laughed off which makes me feel a little upset

I even applied for the Wolves job and got laughed off

My past experience is set to pro footballer and my rep is national

My question really is how long can i expect to be unemployed for?

Down in the dumps manager,

Stefan Czerpak

Try aiming your sights a bit lower. Would the gooners employ a manager with only 6 months experience? I don't think so.

i completely agree with you. i don't really expect to be given the top jobs

but the likes of Wolves, QPR, Stoke and Fulham is different. I feel i should given a chance with these teams

What is your nationality? If your rep is only national and your nationality is French for example then the likes of QPR, Wolves and Fulham would never heard of you.

Going by my example you would be more likely to get a mid table job in France as you are nationally known there. I maybe wrong but the fact you resigned after only 6 months will count against you also.

What is your nationality? If your rep is only national and your nationality is French for example then the likes of QPR, Wolves and Fulham would never heard of you.

Going by my example you would be more likely to get a mid table job in France as you are nationally known there. I maybe wrong but the fact you resigned after only 6 months will count against you also.

Im english so a mid-lower team in England shouldn't be a problem

the game is now in 2015. I don't think this should be happening

if the likes of Roeder and Alan Curbs are getting jobs then i think i should be getting a job too

I can't even get the Cardiff job.........rock bottom!!!!!

I maybe wrong but the fact you resigned after only 6 months will count against you also.

I think this may well be a factor. Clubs seem to look at loyalty, which combined with the speed that your reputation rises at first makes it difficult to have short spells early on in your career. You can get away with it later on once you've won a few things but in my experience it is always best to stay with your first club for a few years before moving on.

I was manager in Brazil until 2018 or something. I took a team from 3rd Division to top Division, and won back to back league and state championships!

I applied for the Dortmund job, got laughed at. Applied for the Atletico Madrid job. Got laughed at.

I applied for the Sunderland job and got it. After 1.5 years at Sunderland I was offered the Arsenal job.

But it took me about 7 seasons to get that far. That was my plan all along though.

Your only experience is a mediocre record with a mediocre French team for a mediocre period of time. Why should 6 months with a team, not excelling, make you a better prospect than you were?

But i would be the same prosect then, i got offered a job in the 1st season so why not now

anyway, got Sheff Utd job in 2015. lets do it!

you were suggesting that my moaning was unjust. its a football manager game and im sorry if i just want to manage

you were suggesting that my moaning was unjust. its a football manager game and im sorry if i just want to manage

And you were suggesting you should walk into a top job with 6months experience at a less than top club. That was never realistically going to happen now was it?

IMO even Sheffield United are too high a club for your experience right now, but FM would be boring if you could never get a job :p

Tbh having managed in France for just a bit more than half a season should, even though I agree you have done a pretty good job there, not be enough to receive an offer from EPL.

Absolutely fine with me, you shouldn't have resigned. Also keep in mind that resigning results in a decrease of your reputation, so if you want to move on, you may consider applying while being in a position (though obviously you cannot do that too often or you'll get in trouble with your board).

And you were suggesting you should walk into a top job with 6months experience at a less than top club. That was never realistically going to happen now was it?

IMO even Sheffield United are too high a club for your experience right now, but FM would be boring if you could never get a job :p

No i wasnt suggesting i should walk into a top job. Thats why i said i wasnt expecting a top job in a previous post!

That is exactly my point, never getting a job is boring when all you want to do is manage, and btw Sheffield United do not realise how lucky they

Iv learnt my lesson from resigning after 6 months. Live & learn as they say

You still expected a premiership side to offer you a job, every management position in the premiership is a "top job" the pay packets are high, the risks are far greater for most teams especially those outside the elite few in the league. Making sure the TV revenue comes in each season is the main objective of every other club, so you hardly meet the criteria or being what is seen as needed to keep a side in the top league and keep the money coming in.

You still expected a premiership side to offer you a job, every management position in the premiership is a "top job" the pay packets are high, the risks are far greater for most teams especially those outside the elite few in the league. Making sure the TV revenue comes in each season is the main objective of every other club, so you hardly meet the criteria or being what is seen as needed to keep a side in the top league and keep the money coming in.

Agreed.

I think that a club struggling in the Championship should be a realistic expectation with your history.

i got paid more at Montpellier than i am now

talk about kicking a old man when hes down

wheres the support

i got paid more at Montpellier than i am now

talk about kicking a old man when hes down

wheres the support

We do sincerely LOVE you :D

Seriously, I think you have done a good job at Montpellier, being followed by some bad judgment on your side in leaving the job for something better after just 6 months with no prior experience. I feel for you, because making this kind of mistake is annoying.

However, when we are here to debate if that constitutes a flaw in the game, we have to stand up and say that in this case, the game is not to blame for what is happening to you here.

Hey Grandad Face, I am a known agitator for exactly what you are complaining about. Less "unemployed" time! This game keeps you unemployed for so long you eventually have to give up on the game and, I'm sorry but the most important thing a game producer should be doing is making the gamer happy; or he won't be in the business very long.

Having said that, I do feel that you are asking too much. You finally get a job after 6 months (shame on you SI) and promptly leave it after another 6 (shame on you GF) months. You were a little presumptious I believe.

If the club I support took on a manager with only 6 months experience I would start a riot. You were extremely fortunate to land the SU job.

In three seasons I won the league with Gladbach and turned them into Champions League regulars. Still get laughed off for just about every job I apply for in this game. Had to resort to using FMRTE to bump up my rep to get a job (even then it was still hard), but it feels like cheating and since then I've deleted that save.

Basically I think this part of the game is broken.

Archived