is fm08 worth installin?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

weird question. he didn't ask whether the game is worth buying but whether it's worth installing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. thats quite funny...

anyhow... ive got fm2008, and the updated patch 8.0.2

but, i keep seeing all this problems pop up in the forums... and the last thing i want is to play a game, spending hours improving and advances through seasons, that suddenly.. im a victim myself.

so... my question is... is fm2007 with latest patch, more bug free than the present fm2008-8.0.2?

FM2007 - if you only want to sign players, set up a tactic and sit back and watch your team win everything. Oh, and watch their ages - replace them when they're getting on a bit.

FM2008 - if you actually want a real challenge when it comes to managing your team on match day as well as in the transfer market. This version - esp with 8.0.2 installed - requires more actual work than any other year.

And that's not a dig if you prefer FM2007. People might prefer that way to play the game. I prefer the latest version myself. Harder to win games and trophies, but more rewarding when you do. And the alleged "bugs" people go on about are workable when you play with your tactics.

Except board confidence and the transfer system, but that's a minor issue IMO.

yeah i have to agree wi you there... fm2008 is more in depth considering the transfer market and the challenges that come along wi it.

im the type of guy that likes challenges... im playin fm2008 at the moment, and quite enjoying it.

i just dislike playing a game, for a considerable amount of time... and BANG, you're shot down, being hit by a nasty dump file... or some minor bug that takes away the realistic fun out of the game lol... not that i have yet, appart from when i first got the game, wi no patch releases... scottish league screwed up, but that problem has been fixed now icon_smile.gif

what are the board confidence and transfer issues that people seem to be goin on about?

I say, give the game a try. I did it last night, I'm on my first FM08-save now and I'm really enjoying the game. I'm enjoying it much more than I ever enjoyed FM07, and it's even close to the gameplay experience and joy I had with CM2 95/96, CM 01/02 and FM06.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what are the board confidence and transfer issues that people seem to be goin on about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With board confidence, you can get sacked for minor failings. EG if your start of season expectations are to get to the league cup final, qualify for Europe through the league and reach the first knock-out phase of the Champions League, you might WIN the league, WIN the Champions League but get knocked out of the League Cup in the 4th round - this last point can get you sacked. So far, I've not had the problem, but plenty of people have. I joined Spurs halfway through one season (2010, I think) and the chairman was unhappy with me at the end of the season because of two cups the team got knocked out of before I even joined - but he didn't sack me.

And transfers, a very minor problem IMO, but frustrating, is that when you try to off-load a good player for naff-all money, no one will buy them. Even if they had a decent season and their wages are not too high.

These are my only issues with the game, but like I said, they are minor, so I'll happily carry on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">hmm fm 07 all the way then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you be trying to stir up an argument? Thats all you keep seeming to see despite just as many people advising to play 08.

For me, 08 miles better then 07.

yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!yeah, install it. don't do it!

that's just about all the help you are going to find here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playboy77:

hmm fm 07 all the way then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you not capable of making up your own mind icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chappers72:

just finished my 36th season and thats it.

Started a new game last night with the mighty Cobh Ramblers

So IMO yes its worth installing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

36th season icon_eek.gif

after about 28 hours of game play i'm 2 league games and play offs away from the end of my 1st.

how do you get through it so quick. i would have to have played over a month of solid game time to achieve 36 seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faltering fullback:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chappers72:

36th season icon_eek.gif

after about 28 hours of game play i'm 2 league games and play offs away from the end of my 1st.

how do you get through it so quick. i would have to have played over a month of solid game time to achieve 36 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

been playing that save since the game first came out. Its just on all the time to be honest when i'm in. And get games in when the kids lets me. Like yesterday it was on all day and between doing stuff it gets played

I'm sad and I know it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faltering fullback:

36th season icon_eek.gif

how do you get through it so quick. i would have to have played over a month of solid game time to achieve 36 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

been playing that save since the game first came out. Its just on all the time to be honest when i'm in. And get games in when the kids lets me. Like yesterday it was on all day and between doing stuff it gets played

I'm sad and I know it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sad! i'm jealous icon_biggrin.gif

Archived