Budget Adjustment broken?

Ok so i got this game as xmas gift and just fired it up for the first time today, am long term player of FM series so am very familiar with the features and gameplay

Problem i have with this years edition is that it seems i cant adjust budget to allow more transfer funds

Taken over my fave team Aston Villa and wage budget was 20k left over after taking away the wages spent (cant remember the exact figure) and transfer budget was i think 7.5m

bid on a few players and while i was waiting for some wages to leave the club i adjusted the budget (to around 100k over the current wage spend and 2m transfer funds) to allow to negotiate the contracts, since then i have cancelled Jenas loan (30k pw) and sold Habib Beye (40k pw) which gives me more than enough to revert back to the original transfer kitty

what i have since found tho is that the slider is greyed out preventing me from adjusting despite fact i have 933k wage budget and spending currently 767k (also have potentially 50k pw incoming)

am i right in guessing this is bugged? never had a problem doing my business like this in the past and am only using money which was originally available (ie im not trying to exploit anything)

thanks for the reply, didnt read the text along the slider bar lol, managed to sort it now tho

not sure how it was ever used as an exploit but tbh i think the new system is more of an exploit imo

for example, the player i wanted to sign was Milan Badelj from Dinamo, agreed price of 4m and he had several offers from other teams like Bayern etc so i had to offer him some great terms to make sure i secured him (35k pw and 1.5m loyalty payment, 1m agent fee)

well since it wouldnt let me complete the deal i had to press 'delay' then eventually cancel, since then it allowed me to re-adjust the budget and i bid again, but because now the other teams gave up on him i was able to offer a much smaller deal of 24k pw wage and 500k each for agent and loyalty fees, so in effect i actually saved lots of money by doing this way which is pretty pathetic tbh

does SI really believe this is worth the hassle it creates? if i had cancelled jenas loan and sold beye before i made bids on my targets i could have completed the deal no problem, but because i complete these outgoing deals after i made bids it doesnt allow adjustment?

surely i should be able to at least convert the 70k wages i made after the bids, if not the full amounts i wanted?

thanks for the reply, didnt read the text along the slider bar lol, managed to sort it now tho

not sure how it was ever used as an exploit but tbh i think the new system is more of an exploit imo

for example, the player i wanted to sign was Milan Badelj from Dinamo, agreed price of 4m and he had several offers from other teams like Bayern etc so i had to offer him some great terms to make sure i secured him (35k pw and 1.5m loyalty payment, 1m agent fee)

well since it wouldnt let me complete the deal i had to press 'delay' then eventually cancel, since then it allowed me to re-adjust the budget and i bid again, but because now the other teams gave up on him i was able to offer a much smaller deal of 24k pw wage and 500k each for agent and loyalty fees, so in effect i actually saved lots of money by doing this way which is pretty pathetic tbh

does SI really believe this is worth the hassle it creates? if i had cancelled jenas loan and sold beye before i made bids on my targets i could have completed the deal no problem, but because i complete these outgoing deals after i made bids it doesnt allow adjustment?

surely i should be able to at least convert the 70k wages i made after the bids, if not the full amounts i wanted?

What you could do before was to set everything to Transfers, free up lots of money and use it all on one player. Then when negotiating the contract you would of course not be able to afford his wages since they're all gone into the transfer fee. This was easily fixed by adjusting the money back from transfers to wages, give him whatever ginormous fortune he wanted and confirm. So before the transfer was completed you just adjusted it all back to tranfers again. You could do this both to free up transfer money and wages, essentially driving the club bankrupt on a highly inflated wage bill.

Now this is gone, at the cost of having to do only one or a few transfers at a time. I think that is a decent trade-off.

ok yes this is a fair point BiggusD, i have actually used this technique in past FM's but mainly because i wanted to offer more wages to someone who was on lower status (eg wanted to offer first team wages to back up player or perhaps offer an inflated agent fee to push thru a deal) so i can see this can be an exploit on reflection. However surely in long run if u overly abuse this it will only get you the sack or destroy your future seasons budgets anyway and not actually help your quest?

Problem i had tho was that once i actually made extra wages available thru sales i was unable to convert this into transfer funds, this for me was 'new money' and should be able to be converted, maybe a feature could be used for which when u sell any player it will ask how u wish for the funds to be distributed (eg sell Beye free transfer and 40k pw wage gained can be convert to transfer fees) on deal by deal basis

Tbh i wasnt even trying to exploit things, in past FM i would try to sign big names like Shawcross, G.Cahill, Barnetta, Farfan, Moussa Sissoko etc along with various youth for Villa using long term payments and spend fortunes but knowing we are pretty skint irl i try to be more frugal this time around and only sign Badelj (4m), Vrsajlko (1m), Topal (2.5m) and Sanogo (2m) which was within budget available and with future plans to get rid of huge earners like Heskey, Dunne and Ireland who no one wants so far

anyways, i can understand now why this was introduced even tho i dont paticularly like it personally so thanks for the help

i noticed that. however i have encountered another pain in the backside.

2FC86E411D355A934190A4764724257E74CF436D

this.

i have tried ajusting, i did it when i had funds and other variations, but thanks to other players making me ajust wages i had to settle for this.

HOWEVER. as you can see i have offered ZERO pounds and 3 million over 24 months, yet it says i do not have the funds for this transfer to go thorugh? last time i used a similar option to get a transfer through it worked (some upfront with monthly, i have already offered that). i don't NEED the funds. so why do i suddenly not have them.

that is the thing. i have left money over. and the agent fee is never an issue in previous, but if this doesnt work i will try and ajust for it. but the other teams have ruined my wage budget by forcing new contracts on my players. and if it was an issue with upfront fees, it would allow ajustment via the delayed transfer box if you can. which i can do there as my wage budget is green.

Biggus is correct, u need 12 months worth of payments in your kitty to begin with, so if u want 10m player on 48 months u need 2.5m transfer kitty, if u want 1m player over 24 months u need 500k in kitty, or in this instance if u want 3m player over 24 months u need 1.5m transfer funds available.

Has always been like this in every version since monthly payments were introduced

Archived