FM 2012 Game performance

Hi all,

I've recently built myself a new PC. I looked around some different forums and people were claiming to still have a game speed of 3* or more, even when selecting all countries, all leagues and large database.

I'm struggling to see this being true? I've built about as good a PC as is possible to have in this day and age, and i'm not finding I can get anywhere near that!!

Anybody got any experience of this? Anybody got a ridiculously hot PC I can compare against?

Core i7 960 (3.2GHz)

8GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM

GTX 580 (1.5GB GDDR5) Graphics

120GB SSD Hard Disk

Have you run a lot of leagues? I would assume it takes a lot longer to set up the game, but is it still very fast within it? I've always wanted to start a full game unemployed you see. Don't want to get going only for it to be dead slow, even with a mega PC

I was playing FM12 mostly in a normal laptop before, so I can assure you that the speed difference is chaotic.

In the laptop, it took about 10-15 mins to set up a game with almost all the nations loaded (about 15 playable, the rest view only), in the new pc the time is about 3-5 mins. Also, FM now opens in about 3 seconds and reloads the skins in less than 10 - before the times were 10x.

Oh, and I'm in my 7th season in the laptop with no speed problems, so guess what the new pc will do.

Processor, processor, processor......

Should have gone for a 2,000 series. Either in i5 or i7. Recommend the i5 2500k. Processor rules, followed by ram although 4gb is enough.

That is your issue here.

Edit, hello again nineiron..... we should do this for a living.

the problem is steam. I wanted to take advantage of some of the good offers on steam at teh moment, but having to install in one location really limits what i can stick on the SSD which is why I asked (because if it only effects loading / saving times, then I don't care).

I'm currently trying to sell my machine anyway, to build a bigger better one, so we'll see how that goes! i7 3930X should do just fine :D

I'm currently trying to sell my machine anyway, to build a bigger better one, so we'll see how that goes! i7 3930X should do just fine :D

Processor is the golden rule. Do a little research and get this right...... key to the whole thing really.

Processor is the golden rule. Do a little research and get this right...... key to the whole thing really.

Well, by the looks, you can only go one better than the 3930X, and the £400 jump in price for the extreme, isn't worth it, considering the 3930X is a massive jump from any other anyway. Then it'd be 2133MHz RAM, which you can't get much better than, and hopefully a decent sized SSD if that makes a difference or not!

anybody confirm whether the hard disk effects the running of FM or not, or just saving / loading / launching times?

Archived