I used to be.....

.... an avid Championship Manager fan and bought just about all releases up to 2010. As you all probably know, Champ Man is now pretty much dead in the water and nothing new has come out of there for a long time, only because of these I started buying FM last year, I hated most of the FM series but FM 11 totally bought me over, I couldn't believe it 'FM with a proper 3D match at last' and even with it's faults it was a great game. This of course has now lead me to buy FM 12 (which I only got two days ago) and I have to say this is an excellent game! Brilliant work S.I.

( Apart from, I totally hate the 'Steam' thing that we need, surely there is a better way to protect your games other than force us all to use this very annoying, intrusive platform host )?

Steams biggest flaw is it was not designed for games like FM and the type of people who play FM so naturally they will not like it as much as others. It was made for first person shooters and games that use lots of different maps, mods and DLC.

Steam does however have many advantages for the distributors and makers of games and I expect many more to offer games by steam for PC users in the future. I would suggest all those new to steam to read up on it and learn how to use it properly as it does have numerous advantages.

Tolerate steam and enjoy FM2012, it really sucks you in and you become totally engrossed in it!

Steams biggest flaw is it was not designed for games like FM and the type of people who play FM so naturally they will not like it as much as others. It was made for first person shooters and games that use lots of different maps, mods and DLC.

Steam does however have many advantages for the distributors and makers of games and I expect many more to offer games by steam for PC users in the future. I would suggest all those new to steam to read up on it and learn how to use it properly as it does have numerous advantages.

Tolerate steam and enjoy FM2012, it really sucks you in and you become totally engrossed in it!

Did you write this 5 years ago ? Name a publisher or large title that doesn't use to steam to distribute already ? As for the OP, I suggest you goggle the meaning of obtrusive.

Did you write this 5 years ago ? Name a publisher or large title that doesn't use to steam to distribute already ? As for the OP, I suggest you goggle the meaning of obtrusive.

I am sorry, I was just trying to reassure the new user as to why steam is the way it is, why we really only see the bad things and to look past them and enjoy the FM game itself.

I have been using steam for over 6 years and seen the gradual flood of new games, there are still a lot more to come I predict!

i suggest you use google for spell checking.

I don't need google thank you, I have a first class degree in English and I find 'Steam' to be very 'imposing' and causing me some 'disposition' when it just decides to start up because I want to play a game that I've bought...... So if you take your own advice and google obtrusive, you'll find I used the word in completely the right context.

I don't need google thank you, I have a first class degree in English and I find 'Steam' to be very 'imposing' and causing me some 'disposition' when it just decides to start up because I want to play a game that I've bought...... So if you take your own advice and google obtrusive, you'll find I used the word in completely the right context.

This Steam hate is pathetic. Not only is Steam accepted by millions of PC gamers around the world, it has actually become an essential part of modern PC gamin, loved by lots who use it.

Its online library of games, both new and old, is great. The sense of community if awesome and a great way to stay connected with other gaming friends. Oh yeah...and the seasonal sales are just superb.

Archived