Appeal against ban

It does work but very rarely.

However, I never use it for the simple reason that if you do then there is a good chance of your players becoming unhappy with the lack of discipline at the club.

I've started warning players now to avoid lack of discipline issues, worked so far as not had any since doing this. No affect on the amount of cards we get though.

The last successful appeal I had was on FM07, it seems that no matter how poor a performance the referee puts in he will always get straight red card decisions correct.

Red cards seem to be a bonus for me. For some reason whenever we get a player sent off we always seem to win and whenever the opposition gets a red card we usually draw. It's very odd and will probably stop soon but for now it's brilliant because if the player is one of my biggest earners I slap him with a 2 week wages fine which can end up saving up to 200k for the club. My players are a professional bunch and never complain about fines for violent behaviour, although they can get a bit arsey if I fine them for a poor performance, but that is pretty rare, under 6 usually gets a warning.

Chris Gunter once got a 3.2 in a match, which is by far the worst I've seen for a player of mine in my current save. In fact I don't think I've ever had any under 5s apart from that one.

Archived