Asking assistant to play specific players in reserve games?

Is there a way i can ask my assistant manager to play specific players in reserve games(friendly games). I promoted some of my better youths in to my main team. So they would get first team training and an occasional game or 20 minutes of game time in the league or CL. I also made them available for my U23 team and arranged friendly games for each Monday. I would like to make sure that my assistant would always prefer these players when choosing the starting 11 for the U23 games. Is it possible?

I guess i could sack every player who is better than they are that are in the U23 squad. Hopefully there will be some better options.

Not really - it is pain. As you say, you have to shift all the players you don't want him to use to your first team or youth team squads and leave him only the players you want him to play. You move them right back after the game, but it does mewan that if you moved a player to the youth team for 90 minutes, you need to jigger with the training schedules again.

The other alternative is taking over the management of the reserve (U-23) team? It means you have to play all the games, but it also means you get full and total control.

Another alternative might be to untick the box that says "Available for the U-23 team" of all those players you DON'T want to play in a particular match. I have done this on occasion to freeze players out - drop them from the senior team, and then making them unavailable for the reserves. It adds an extra dimension to letting a player rot in the reserves!

Archived