Steam error Game unavailable

Anyone else getting this?...

Been trying to get going with FM for 50 mins. This is the first time ive picked it up to play since 13th dec. Ive let it update and restarted pc, verified cache.

Now im constantly getting steam error, game unavailable try later,

I dont want to try later I want to play NOW!!! ffs........

so much for a pick up and play this evening until I go to bed

Load Steam

From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.

Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Sigh, it seems like i'm doing this on a weekly basis now. Why is Steam so messed up with FM12? I've never had this many issues with FM and steam before. I tried to launch game just few minutes ago and now steams tells me i don't have the original copy of the game??? What a farce!

OMG its only taken an hour and a half to get it running but it finally is! Off to bed safe in the knowledge I can continue tomorrow.... thanks!! It seemed on initial attempted at 21:30 the installing update of FM update had failed therefore erroring every time. Of course steam being a little special didnt tell me that! bugger I hate steam! at least i can smile about it now...sort of :)

This is becoming quite an issue.

I play with FMRTE running, which of course needs updating every time FM2012 gets an update - none of which I'm bothered about getting. To this end, I've set the game on Steam to 'do not update automatically'. A couple of weeks ago, lo and behold, I have a small gap of time to play, and fire the game up. After the usual minute or so wait for the game to begin booting under steam, I get a message saying the game is unavailable. Well, first off, no it bloody shouldn't be, because I've paid for it and installed it on my computer. In any case, some investigation shows me the game is downloading a huge update, very slowly. I have about half an hour left to play when it is done, and I fire up the game, then FMRTE, which craps out due to being incompatible, precisely the issue I've told Steam to not create.

In any case, I played something that does work instead. Today, I sit down to have my first go since. I'm careful to download the new FMRTE first. Duly done, I click my FM2012 icon. I wait a good minute for the game to start booting... aaaaaaand it's another update. But yes, the game is still set to 'do not update automatically' in Steam.

Bloody geniuses.

Don't get me wrong im glad piracy has been stopped but for Christ sake let people have the options to update their game especially in the case that people want to pick up and play without all the faff of steam basically controlling when someone can launch and play the game that we have a) said our money for and b) chosen to install locally! We should be able to launch the game regardless!!

Archived