early goal

Ok, i know the importance of team talk etc etc... However IMO the game is not balanced. The amount of goals scored not in the first 15 mins but in the first TWO is absurd.

When you choose the wrong tone, or the wrong thing to do, your game start 0-1; lots of time the game starts with an highlight: if your opponent kick the ball off, they shot after 4-5 passes without a touch of your players;

if your team kick the ball off, one player make an absurd mistake, giving the ball to your opponents ... etc.

If you choose the not-completely-wrong team talk, the same happens, your opponents have the same chanches but they dont score.

Please note, this is not a rant because the exactly same things happens in your favor if you choose the right team talk: it is simply a criticism because IMO this is a little too much.

I have a problem with this too, in my opinion the whole match experience makes this game difficult to like at times. Has been the case for a number of years now. The games are overly scripted, the team talks just try to catch you out alot of the time, when in real life they are a tool of the manager, not a minefield. I have played three matches so far, all with big scorelines, 1-3 L, 4-0 W, 3-0 L. In FM2011 there were also alot of high scoring games. The matchday just ruins all sence of realism. They need to sort it out asap. This game is full of bugs and needs serious work, I can't believe it got released in this condition. Sloppy stuff really. Whats the point in 800 improvements if the most important thing is still busted.

Yes this I think is definitely the main problem with the match engine at the moment, this and other aspects make it unbalanced and ruin the suspension of disbelief, which is a key factor of a 'simulation' game. SIGames MUST MUST MUST make fixing/overhauling the match engine the first priority, and they should do it with patches and updates for this game, not wait for 2013, as people will be just put off by then.

Archived