too many free kicks/no penalties

I'm enjoying the game, cheers. (FMH12 on iPod touch)

I have played two seasons as the Wellington Phoenix in the Australian league.

Both times I have failed to win any games, and got sacked (once at the end of the season, once during).

I've never been sacked at FM11 on the PC, so this surprised me.

It does seem hard to get your squad to win anything. The team report doesn't say my team is crap or anything.

My best player never seems to get higher than a 7 in a match, avg rating around 6.80.

There do seem to be too many free kicks, and I have never had any penalties in open play.

Also the in-game text uses the phrase

"The referee" even when it is not at the start of the sentence, which is not grammatically correct.

Is there an option to show the whole of a game in match view - I feel the highlights don't show enough action.

Both times I have failed to win any games, and got sacked (once at the end of the season, once during).

May I ask which tactics are you using? I find it quite hard not to be able to win a single match.

I have a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CMs and 3 AMs (2 of whom are wingers).

Attacking at home, Defensive away.

Passing Short (sometimes I switch to Mixed)

Tackling Normal.

I have Pressing on, Offside Trap on, Counter Attack on.

Men Behind Ball off.

In my first season I think I won 3 games, but never by more than 1 goal.

Second season I won none.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm enjoying the game, cheers. (FMH12 on iPod touch)

I've never been sacked at FM11 on the PC, so this surprised me.

It does seem hard to get your squad to win anything. The team report doesn't say my team is crap or anything.

My best player never seems to get higher than a 7 in a match, avg rating around 6.80.

There do seem to be too many free kicks, and I have never had any penalties in open play.

Also the in-game text uses the phrase

"The referee" even when it is not at the start of the sentence, which is not grammatically correct.

Is there an option to show the whole of a game in match view - I feel the highlights don't show enough action.

I personally get a fair share of both FKs and PKs, both in favor and against my club. Nonetheless, I do have to agree with you that not been able to see the iOS version in full match, is really frustrating as you don't have a clue on what happens behind the scenes. It's like reliving the series of CM 99/00 for PCs a decade ago.

Archived