Woah woah, cool the jets, haven't played FM since 2005

First, hi, anybody who posted on OTF for years until OTF2 came along might know me.

Okay, so I got a new laptop, got FM2012 for Christmas, haven't played the game since FM2005 and properly since CM3. The game is mahoosive now, ridiculously intimidating to be honest. Basically, what I need to know is where can I go to just read the basics. Like.... training, is there a tutorial or something ye know, seems to me like a fella would need a diploma in sports management to get a grips on things here.

I would consider working off on starting as a top team, like Barca, Real, Man Utd, etc. whatever is a big team to you. Preferably a rich team.

This will present the easiest challenge for you. You'll become familiar with all the tools and tactics etc.

If you do this for a season or two you'll figure out the game quite well. You can then try your hand at a lower rep team by starting a new game.

There is the tutorial, and there's also the in-game help that comes up when you start a new game. Leave it on as long as necessary.

I recognise the name. More than just knowing you are Jesus in the allegory.

The problem with being a top team is that expectations are high and you'll find it hard to motivate your players.

The tutorials and how-tos might help.

Archived