Selection Headache...What would you do ?

Evening All.

I've created myself a big selection dilemma. My only two strikers are both on fire, and are both very young. I strictly only play one up front and I love them both equally!

The big dilemma is one of them is probably Englands next big thing. Here he is.

JamesShaw.jpg

My other striker is Carlos Fierro, could be on his way to being the worlds best striker, and a £15m investment.

CarlosFierro.jpg

So, what would you do? Can I realistically rotate them? Who would you go for as number 1?

Carlos Fierro looks unbelievable so I would definitely have him first choice. It looks as though Shaw still hasn't fulfilled his potential yet so for the time being, mainly use Fierro. Also I would keep Shaw because he is English :p

Would certainly train him up to play outwide, if he is on your bench it gives you more options. Start with Fierro for sure but be picky with the fixtures. At home to sides struggling to pick up away points then give Shaw his chance. The main thing i would do is make an effort not to sub Shaw if he starts, he needs minutes for sure.

Cheers. In all honesty there's little point in playing him out wide. I've got Gotze, Hazard, Shaqiri, Bale and Chamberlain to choose from. Shaw hasn't fulfilled anywhere near his potential yet, but his 5 international goals came in one match this season.

He also counts towards my HG quota for the CL, so I really don't want to lose him!

Maybe he wont be first choice out wide but you should find a decent jump in some of his stats. Maybe 80% of my u18 squad in any save are being retained to new positions. I find i have many more first teamers that way. Its always good having someone who can fill many positions.

Fierro. Definitely going to age better given his mental attributes and look at his assists too. That one's keeper.

I'd say given his creativity and off the ball skills you should play him as a trequartista, he'll turn any ordinary strike partner into a goal scoring machine, excluding all the goals he'll score himself.

Fierro. Definitely going to age better given his mental attributes and look at his assists too. That one's keeper.

I'd say given his creativity and off the ball skills you should play him as a trequartista, he'll turn any ordinary strike partner into a goal scoring machine, excluding all the goals he'll score himself.

Now that gives me an idea. I play 4231 at home, and 41221 away. My AMC (Muller) is a Trequarista and rotates with my MCL (Barkley). Muller will need replacing next year, so I might retrain Fierro as an AMC then I can play him in every game and Shaw will get all home games.

Cheers for that !

Now that gives me an idea. I play 4231 at home, and 41221 away. My AMC (Muller) is a Trequarista and rotates with my MCL (Barkley). Muller will need replacing next year, so I might retrain Fierro as an AMC then I can play him in every game and Shaw will get all home games.

Cheers for that !

sweet, hope it works well! :thup:

I got the inevitable "wants first team football" conversation with Shaw, after a heated conversation he reckons he's happy to stay, but I'm not buying it. I've started him in the last 2 games, and he's scored 8 times...

Archived