Team Talk Problem

There's been about 300,000 questions about team talks with this FM, but mine is a little bit different.

As of the latest update (I think) it's become physically impossible for me to elicit a positive reaction from ANYONE, ever. I've started about half a dozen saves just to see what happens, and in every single there has been a complete lack of 'green reactions' to team-talks. I've played half a season in a couple of these saves and I have yet to see a positive reaction. Mostly, there is no reaction, and sometimes I get a negative reaction. Individual team talks don't do anything either.

What is this? I cannot play well because, even though morale is very high, I literally can't get a single one of my players to respond well to what I say. When the game came out I'd get quite a few "boost confidence" and "feels happy" depending on the talk, but now there's absolutely nothing.

Has this happened for anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

Yer I've also struggled with this since the latest update. The only time I get a reaction is when I am aggressive at half time when we are losing, apart from then I never get a reaction, I suppose you could argue that was slightly realistic. As often in football when winning at half time, complacency does kick in.

I think I saw someone posting in the Tactics Forum that the reaction can also be based around your reputation relative to that of the club and the players. I.e you will get more reactions if you're a International Footballer managing a BSP team. And vice versa.

I would imagine it's dynamic so once you start improving your rep, the players start to take notice.

Archived