Players not getting game time when they really should be

Is this a problem in FM12? I haven't got the game yet, but have read many times how players such as Wilshere, Rodwell, Barkley, Ramsey etc are not being developed through lack of 1st team action.

Anyone encountered this?

Certainly happened in my save. I picked up Rodwell for £12m and Barkley for £2.5m. They are now both England regulars and have a cabinet full of trophies.

With the exception of Barkley, all of those players in my save have 30+ league appearances each season and I'm in 2014. Barkley has been getting 15+ starts in the league and would have had more in 2013-2014 if it were not for a couple injuries. He spent a season at Birmingham in the Championship and was named Young Player of the Year in 2013.

Rodwell(started 4 games) and Wilshere(1 sub appearance) were both apart of the 2014 World Cup squad, which beat France in the finale (How realistic my save is at this point I have no idea, you can be the judge yourself). Milner was named to the Dream Team for the tournament, along with Glenn Johnson, Leighton Baines and Phil Jones as a sub. Wayne Rooney was the golden ball winner.

Phil Jones has essentially taken over for Ferdinand from day 1 in my save. Cleverly has been having trouble getting into the United team, though they bough Fellaini and Modric. Ferguson retired and was promptly replaced by Mourinho.

Chamberlain started all of 3 league games for Arsenal before being sold to Blackburn, who were managed by AVB after getting sacked at Chelsea in his first 6 months.

Archived