FINALLY had a decent regen that looks like he will be a beast of a defender.....

For me this guy still needs alot of work. For a defender i would be concerned with his Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions and Bravery. Look forward to seeing him in a couple of seasons. Best of luck and hope he becomes the player you hope.

Out of interest do you spend big on youngsters a lot?

His mental stats need some work, get him tutored by someone with good mental stats! With the right training, he could be very good.

I have just bought a 4 star rated regen for £11MIL who i am pretty sure will become amazing and at the least I will be able to sell on for a profit. However I usually don't like taking the risk of spending big on players under 18 with no real reputation.

For me this guy still needs alot of work. For a defender i would be concerned with his Anticipation, Concentration, Decisions and Bravery. Look forward to seeing him in a couple of seasons. Best of luck and hope he becomes the player you hope.

Out of interest do you spend big on youngsters a lot?

Easy on the kid mate he's only 16! No kid is perfect from the start. :D

He looks really good I think you can start playing in some league and cup games now and his stats will improve. And also setup the right training and tutoring for him as well.

Easy on the kid mate he's only 16! No kid is perfect from the start. :D

He looks really good I think you can start playing in some league and cup games now and his stats will improve. And also setup the right training and tutoring for him as well.

Play him now or wait till he's 18??

Play him now or wait till he's 18??

Keep him on your bench and sub him in every game. Start him in all FA Cup and Carling Cup games. Maybe even in Champions League you can play him every now and then. I would definitely have him play 90 minutes in no pressure situations (like if you're clinched top spot in Champions League group stage, play him, and likewise if you clinched the league title early).

Training and tutoring can only do so much. He needs match experience to become the best.

He's 16 years old, has 17 for determination and 19 for teamwork (so is obviously disciplined) and most of his lower mental stats are 8/9/10, so I don't see any issue there.

And train him as a right back? He's 6'3, already has great marking and tackling, positioning will end up 15-16 with the right training and his heading and jumping will likely increase too.

His lack of anticipation, consentration and decisions would worry me, espesially if he is the last line of defence, Also would think his high technique and dribbling skills would go to waste as a central defender, so he is not perfect but yeah, he could become a fantastic player if his mental stats rise enough. I think it´s quite straight forward how he should be trained, but I for one would be tempted to try to increase his passing skill to make him a great ball playing defender, given that his mental stats increase enough. I would also be tempted to try and increase his strenght. If I were to train him I would put him on high physical, tactical and defencive training and maybe individual focus on passing for a short while before reavaliuating it. And keep him in my first team, available for reserves, so he could get full time training from the start. And of course giving him playing time in easy games and low pressure games. How are you training him?

Oh, and BTW, what´s his personality, and does Vidic have a better personality and higher determination?

I don´t want to hijack your thread but I would actually like advise on a regen I got. He has 20 in determination and a perfect personality so I guess tutoring is out of the question? He as alot of weaknesses but endless potential so I was hoping I could get something out of him. I´m open to any advise.

2011123000001.jpg

Here´s the training scheduel I put him on.

2011123000002.jpg

His personality is Driven. Just checked it on geniue scout, I know I know, cheater. consistency 9, dirtiness 6, Imp. Matches 16, Injury Proness 6, Versatility 6, Adaptability 10, Ambition 19, Controversy 10, Loyalty 10, Pressure 10, Professionalism 14, Sportmanship 10, Temperament 10. Not as good as I thought a Driven personality would be. So I guess his personality could do with reshaping but would like to keep the determination at 20. Is that possible if I tutor him with a player with great personality but lower determination?

His main weakness is of course lack of flair, as you can see on the image I posted (you can see them alot bigger by clicking on them.) First touch, natural fitness and most of his mental stats are dangerously low as well. I was just looking for advise, how others would aproach his training.

He´s touted as the next Jurgen Klingsman BTW. Have to admit that that sounds fantastic. :D

His lack of anticipation, consentration and decisions would worry me, espesially if he is the last line of defence, Also would think his high technique and dribbling skills would go to waste as a central defender, so he is not perfect but yeah, he could become a fantastic player if his mental stats rise enough. I think it´s quite straight forward how he should be trained, but I for one would be tempted to try to increase his passing skill to make him a great ball playing defender, given that his mental stats increase enough. I would also be tempted to try and increase his strenght. If I were to train him I would put him on high physical, tactical and defencive training and maybe individual focus on passing for a short while before reavaliuating it. And keep him in my first team, available for reserves, so he could get full time training from the start. And of course giving him playing time in easy games and low pressure games. How are you training him?

Oh, and BTW, what´s his personality, and does Vidic have a better personality and higher determination?

He's listed as a promising CB, labelled the next Jurgen Kohler, and his personality is very determined, also is listed as similar to rio ferdinand. The reason I didn't put rio tutoring him is because I only play rio as a back up now he's getting on a bit...

Will try an individual focus of passing along with a sprinkling of first team experience (having just been knocked out of champs league will make that harder :/) and see what happens

Archived