Strange attendances and other observations...

Hello,

I have been playing FM2012 on my iPad now for a fair few hours (love Christmas time off from work!) and whilst the game in general is fantastic, I have noticed the following strange/annoying things:

Attendances - I have been playing as Braintree and taken them so far from the BSP to the championship (where I'm currently perched on the top of the league). In my first year in the BSP I averaged around 3500 spectators for my home games. However, when I was promoted to L2 this fell to an average of just 1500; climbed to 2000 in L1 before jumping to 10000 in the championship. To me this seemed really unrealistic - why would the crowds drop when I was promoted?! Were they just too high in BSP. Not sure if anyone else has experienced that one....

Fixtures - I always seem to be playing a team who has just played, for example, Bath. That is to say that every one of my opponents through the year will have played the same team in their prior game. This really takes the realism out of the game.

Matches - why is it that the home team always play left to right in the first half, and then right to left in the second half? Is it difficult to make it random or has this been done intentionally.

Penalty shoot outs - I have been in 5 shoot outs and lost every single one without the computer ever missing. Now it could just be that my team are the England of penalties....has anyone else won a shoot out?!

Transfers - the computer never offers to buy a player outside the transfer window. I know this doesn't happen much in real football, where transfers are agreed in advance but it does happen here and there. Would be nice to see the odd occurrence.

As you can see, all incredibly minor issues....but ones which would definitely improve the experience for me if they were solved!

Thanks SI for making a thoroughly addictive game....now back to the quest for the Prem!

I have won perhaps 4 out of 7 penalty shoot out's. Only thing i can say isbthat perhaps a to big % is scored. I dont have ant stats on this but my feeling is that IRL more penaltys are missed/saved.

I have not seen your strange Attendency problem. The avarage increase every year as i get promoted. The one thing i miss is that the stadium was expanded whit out a news telling my that.

• SI Staff

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated, I'll look into the issues you've raised - if you have any save games which you think might help assist me with this (sometimes an issue only exhibits itself in 1 in 'x' hundred games which can make tracking down the cause problematic at times) then it'd be a great help - my email is marc.vaughan@sigames.com

Hello,

I have been playing FM2012 on my iPad now for a fair few hours (love Christmas time off from work!) and whilst the game in general is fantastic, I have noticed the following strange/annoying things:

Attendances - I have been playing as Braintree and taken them so far from the BSP to the championship (where I'm currently perched on the top of the league). In my first year in the BSP I averaged around 3500 spectators for my home games. However, when I was promoted to L2 this fell to an average of just 1500; climbed to 2000 in L1 before jumping to 10000 in the championship. To me this seemed really unrealistic - why would the crowds drop when I was promoted?! Were they just too high in BSP. Not sure if anyone else has experienced that one....

Fixtures - I always seem to be playing a team who has just played, for example, Bath. That is to say that every one of my opponents through the year will have played the same team in their prior game. This really takes the realism out of the game.

Matches - why is it that the home team always play left to right in the first half, and then right to left in the second half? Is it difficult to make it random or has this been done intentionally.

Penalty shoot outs - I have been in 5 shoot outs and lost every single one without the computer ever missing. Now it could just be that my team are the England of penalties....has anyone else won a shoot out?!

Transfers - the computer never offers to buy a player outside the transfer window. I know this doesn't happen much in real football, where transfers are agreed in advance but it does happen here and there. Would be nice to see the odd occurrence.

As you can see, all incredibly minor issues....but ones which would definitely improve the experience for me if they were solved!

Thanks SI for making a thoroughly addictive game....now back to the quest for the Prem!

About the fixtures, I believe sometimes it happens that way in real life too. I remember playing other football games and manager games and sometimes the fixtures are like that too.

I've won penalty shootouts as well, my team scored all 5 goals while the opponent missed 1.

And a suggestion: How about adding in own goals? Players don't seem to ever score own goals in the game. Whereas in real life it happens every now and then.

Archived