Are injuries destroying your players careers?

Something I have noticed in FM 12. A lot of my players seem to lose it big time after suffering an injury and it doesn't have to be a career threatening injury either. Far from it being a cruciate ligament, it could be a fractured cheekbone or a fractured wrist but their form dives big time and it seems difficult to get them back to where they were.

Best example for me is Adam Johnson. For 6 months he was flying and averaging 7+ every game. Then he picked up a succession of injuries like the fractured wrist and cheekbone. When he came back he was poor and then he would go down with another injury. I left him as a sub for a while but he still couldn't create his original form and at the end of a poor season one of my coaches on the training report said that he was showing signs of declining as a footballer,,,, at 27!!!!

He isn't the only one either and I am at a loss at how to get these players back to their former selves.

Anyone else have issues with this?

yes. i had one of the top strikers in the world. he won 2 bal'on dors then in 2020 he began to fall apart. he missed 7 months in total during 2020 with injuries suffered in matches like broken toes, "hip injury", sprained ankle, etc. no sooner would he get healthy and match fit then he would go down again. he used to be 18 speed and acceleration but now he is down to 15. he is all of 24 years old.

i have a couple other players who spend half the time injured as well. it is killing me.

Archived