FM is sick... I'm even more!!

For those who think the game is rigged...

Semi-final: AC Milan Vs 1º Dezembro (LLM team - Portugal)

AC Milan SQUAD:

359ik5h.png

1º Dezembro SQUAD:

lec0z.png

Souza injured... and my second option for MAD position also injured...

Difference between them:

2chmi5t.jpg

San Siro Game:

8zhhy0.png

I admit... it was a big mistake going to the game with Souze arround 59% condition...

50 minutes playing with ten men!! SICK!!!!

I had a similar comeback in a semi final recently with Forest, it was an absolute joy. We lost 4-1 away to Fiorentina and I'd all but given up hope.

2-0 at half time on the return leg (to us) so I was starting to get a glimmer of hope. We then wasted chance after chance in the second half and then they got a penalty in the 80th minute.

Game over I thought. But my utter legend of a keeper (regen called Teté) saved the penalty which kept us in it. However, from that momen until the 92nd minute there hadn't been a single highlight shown (I have it on key) so I thought it was all over.

My heart then raced when a highlight started at 92:15, and there were 4 minutes of injury time. Then my god of a centre forward (regen called Lucas Cassano) scored a 90+3 minute goal to make it 4-4 on aggregate with us winning on away goals.

It's those moments, that sometimes only come once every 5 seasons, that are the reason I play FM. Wonderful.

Oh and we beat Man City 2-0 in the final. Lose the league to United by 1 point though (gutting as it was in our hands and we only needed a draw away at Arsenal but lost 2-1, which meant I still haven't managed a league win).

Back to back CL wins though after that semi final comeback :cool:.

FM really tests you sometimes, I was in the Promotion/Relegation Play-Off. I had to face the team who finished second bottom and the bookies had them odds on to win.

First leg:

2pottlc.png

I thought I had wrapped up Promotion in the first game all I had to do be sensible at home. Things started off superbly two goals up in five minutes and then cue the drama....

21xvfl.png

I couldn't believe it, I was one goal away from losing a game losing on away goals! Was a strange game no matter what I tried changing with tactics and subs I just couldn't stop them scoring it seemed, luckily we hung on. Was a very tense final ten minutes for me and my heart!!

yeah i think i understand you... but i think that is question of how we "approach" the game. For example, to me it's awful playing against internazionale. i don´t know why... it's so difficult to beat them. Off corse it's something that im doing wrong i just dont know what it is LOL

I thought Santa Claus had to be a made up team made in the editor, but I just googled it and couldn't believe it was actually a real team. That's hilarious :D.

You didn't get the Merry Christmas achievement then? ;)

I'm playing in Russia as Luch Vladivostok and I've just had a great comeback over 2 legs in the promotion/relegation play-off.

I finished 3rd in the 1st Division after a poor end to the season saw us miss out on automatic promotion. I was playing Spartak Nalchik who finished 3rd bottom in the Premier Division. I lost the first leg 3-0 away as my previously reliable defence crumbled.

As we were on our worst run of form for a long time, I held out little hope for the 2nd leg in Vladivostok, but straight away we were all over them. Eventually we levelled the tie by taking a 3-0 lead, with all 3 goals being scored by my winger Nicolae Josan. We'd also had 2 more goals disallowed for offside.

They then scored right at the start of extra time from a free kick, meaning we had to score twice more because of the away goals rule. Josan then scored again, before they scored an own goal to put us 5-1 in front, which would put us through.

Josan added a 6th goal, his 5th, right at the end as we crushed a top flight team 6-1 for our first win in a few games. Amazing game, full of drama and tension, that makes it all worth playing FM in the end.

• 1 month later...

Then there are also those times that you FM reminds you who is boss.

Just in case you started to get ahead of yourself and had begun dreaming of knighthoods. ;)

A really good last season, this season, eerrr, hmm

thatslife.jpg

I'll need a comeback of epic proportions...haha

Archived