Do I need to start a new game to get the benefits after a patch?

I've been working slowly micromanaging a lower leauge team since the game first came out.

So with 12.1.1 out, do I need to start a fresh game to reap the benefits (or otherwise) of the new patch?

Ideally, I'd hope that they would be implemented from no on in my save game. I'm happy enough that the previous seasons will have been played with the 12.0 level rules, AI etc as long as from now on all the fixes as applied to my old save....

If thats not the case, I'll probably either try and avoid the 12.1.1 patch or wait until the 'final' patch in February...

Can't speak specifically to 12.1.1 but, in general, the answer is: sorta. Since most FM patches include a boatload of changes, you'll find that some blend right in and others require a new career game to take effect. For example, you won't get the effect of the January transfer window update in an ongoing game (for obvious reasons) but all changes to the match engine should take effect immediately in your next match.

Can't speak specifically to 12.1.1 but, in general, the answer is: sorta. Since most FM patches include a boatload of changes, you'll find that some blend right in and others require a new career game to take effect. For example, you won't get the effect of the January transfer window update in an ongoing game (for obvious reasons) but all changes to the match engine should take effect immediately in your next match.

The transfer update is a database change though, not a patch change.

I've seen people from SI say on here with the previous patches, that you don't have to start a new game for them to take effect.

Some tweaks from 12.1.0 patch needs a new game to take full advantage.

But Normally you only need to start a new game if you want transfer changes.

There have been no transfer changes yet for FM12

Archived