Some small issues I've noticed with low level, amateur team

Note that this is not a moaning post, just some notes of some things I'd love to see fixed in the future. I am playing a fantasy USA league, with a real low level PDL team, the Reading Express. They are an amateur team, in the 4th tier of USA soccer.

1. I should not be able to scout as many countries as I can. I started out being able to scout all of North America, South America, and major European Nations. Seeing that my scouts are all amateur, I can't realistically see them traveling to Europe, South America, etc. Heck, I don't realistically see them traveling outside of the Northeast US! I would accept just being able to scout the USA, until the team moves up and becomes semi-pro or something.

2. I started limited to 1 coach and scout, which is fine, but when I asked the board to increase this, it was done no questions asked, to 3 coaches and 5 scouts! 3 coaches I can buy, but 5 scouts? I have limited myself to 3 to be somewhat realistic, but still was way easy to do this.

3. Staff that are interested in positions (using job center adverts) have WAY to good of stats. I have a physio with a rating of 19, and scouts with +15 ratings for player analysis. Same deal with coaches. Note that all these staff members are not being paid! Seems like this should be re-worked.

4.I loaded teams with players, as many of the teams do not have players in the DB. This worked fine, but now I am finding it way to easy to "poach" players from other teams. I shouldn't be able to easily sign an amateur player from a California team for a team in the Northeast. No way a player who is playing on a well supported team across the country would pack up and move just because "another team is interested." I have noted that the AI seems to consider this however, when getting players, as all players poached from my team have been poached from teams within 100 miles of mine.

5. Press conferences don't seem to take into consideration that we are an amateur team, always asking about the wage bill and whatnot. Press conferences are terrible in several ways, so I'll let this one slide :).

I basically would love to see the game improved in the lower levels. I know this isn't a focus obviously, as 95% of players just grab their favorite EPL team and have a go, but it seems very small changes would go a long way. For now I am using some LLM rules to make it a bit more challenging.

I assume this is with a custom database because as far as I know FM only has the MLS as default in the USA.

As with all custom databases they are just a "best guess" FM has not been designed to have them playable so simulations of them are only as accurate as the editor of the database combined with the programs interpretation of that combined.

For things like this I would make the editor of the database aware so he/she can make an attempt to fix this with reputation or some other value, if this is not possible then you will just have to live with it by choosing not to scout countries you think you should not be able to.

what conserns me is the fact i get invited to english trialists as an english team... but wouldn't mind going to ireland, wales and scotlands either they are not far away, i can players from ther. (most of my east stirlingshire team is NI/IRE frees).

on a sidenote we also get way too many subscriptions, i dont care if some american amatur team has signed a brazilian (what?)

so the game is at it as well.

The same things would happen with most amateur teams I think, as I have seen these issues on amateur teams in the non edited DB. It is just the case of the game not handling amateur contracts correctly. Mind you it is miles better than it was a few versions ago, but it still has a bit of a way to go. And since I am the person who made the edit, I will have to look into tweaking reputations, but I still don't think this will fix an amateur player moving across the country to come play for another team.

Archived