GK sent off for handball

[video=youtube;b56pxx-XmZw]

My keeper just got sent off for handball, I don't think I have ever seen this in any FM I am sure I have seen highlights of GK's looking more like handball then this and not be sent off. Has anyone else had their GK sent off for handball?

He had put down the ball when he walked out. My guess is that he was catching the ball at the edge of the box and condicitions seem to have been slippery, so maybe he slipped a little and found himself outside of the box. That would be a harsh red card though, as it would have been an honest mistake and he was not ruining a clear cut change or anything. But yeah, that is my guess at what happened in that video.

I've had a keeper sent off for handball, but at the time even I felt it was the right call- he was right on the edge of the box, tracking back after our defence lost possession and someone tried a pot-shot. It was conceivable that he was outside the box, but the cameras were inconclusive.

Certainly not as obvious a bug as this one- the guy clearly catches it in the area, and his momentum carries him out. That's a lot of momentum, it seems unrealistic that he'd do that- surely, he'd either punch it or make a conscious effort to stay in the area (perhaps by falling to the ground), given the time and space he had.

The rules in football are - deliberate handball is a yellow card, this only gets overruled if it is a clear goalscoring opportunity - which it was clearly not - therefore it is a bug.

On the subject of goalkeepers sent off I have had a fair few. Jens Lehmann in pre-season for me on FM08, and on FM10 I once had Almunia sent off once, and Fabianski twice in a 4 month period, it was unbelievable. Wojciech Szczesny got sent off for me the following season too.

I had my GK sent off for pretty much the same thing, only he was sliding but no opposition player was nearby. I found it a little suspect because it was the first time all season (over half way through) that i failed to name a GK on the bench.

Watching the matches 3D I see this happen at least a dozen times per game. I have only ever had my gk sent off once. I guess it is the visual aid of the ME that doesn't have the image capacity to show variants, hence they all look the same in replays.

happened to me yesterday but the keeper caught the ball on the edge of the box and his dive carried him out of the box and he got a yellow card for it first time ever i seen it but i am happy with the decison as my keeper did go out of the box with the momentum of the diving catch so can't see any problem with it in fact i like it that this could happen only time i have ever seen this happen.

mike

Had it this morning with Smithies at West Ham. He was right in the bottom corner of the area and no players were within 25yards. He caught the ball and took a couple of steps out of his box. The most stupid red card ever, had to bring on a 16 year old youth keeper as Green and Stech were both long term injured. Went from 2-0 up and lost 3-2, of which the third goal looked offside and press conference backed this up. Was second defeat in 3, dropped me to 7th and despite picking up 7 points in next 3 games was promptly sacked. BRILLIANT.

Why do goalkeepers never bring down onrushing strikers? In the history of the 3D view, and possible even the 2D view, I've never seen it. Has it not been animated?

Exactly, this is why I never have a sub keeper on the bench. I played over 20 seasons on FM11 and never had a keeper commit a single foul, let alone pick up a yellow card. This is not very realistic, I hope they look into it for FM13.

The rules in football are - deliberate handball is a yellow card, this only gets overruled if it is a clear goalscoring opportunity - which it was clearly not - therefore it is a bug.

So whenever a referee in real life gives an incorrect card (or makes any mistake at all, which happens all the time), the ref is bugged?

I've seen a GK in FM12 being sent off for handballing, and the commentary clearly stated that it was an incorrect decision, thus this is clearly intended by SI as a ref mistake.

Archived