The 20 Teams and 20 Seasons Challenge/Sign Up (Not like any before) (I think)

Notes - First of all I'm not giving the South American Sign Up, this is something else on the side, as you'll find out, all this will involve me doing is making tables, doing the challenge, and hopefully joining in some friendly banter.

The Challenge

First of all this is not any old challenge, I for one, often get bored of many challenges as they are normally done without any competition of good banter, not including Dafuges and Gundo's and a few others. But this challenge, is going to be different, I hope it will be the first, challenge/sign up involving 20 people continuously fighting each other (not literally obviously)

Okay so on with the actual challenge, as you know there are 20 teams in the Barclays Premiership. The challenge is basically like this:

1. 20 People Sign Up

2. Each week in a random order of clubs, the 20 people, in there own game, complete the 2007-08 season, with the randomised club

3. Points vary from 20 for first in the league, to 1 for last in the league

4. There are strictly NO bonus points

5. The 20 people must complete each 2007-08 season with each particular club, in the deadline set

The Deadline

At the moment i'm thinking either a week, or a 5 day period, this can be changed however if wanted (longer or shorter)

Still Confused

Any questions, feel free to post them.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few other things -

The 20 people in the sign up is flexible, but if it stays at 20, only 19 can sign up, as I will be competing.

The idea behind the challenge is to do with the enjoyment me and my work mates get out of the telegraph fantasy football, each week hoping to have beaten the other, and I hope this will be something like it.

Originally posted by weeeman27bob:

just wondering ( i don't think you said) but what teams will it be?

I'm not sure what you're question is, but none of us have teams. Each week (or whatever the deadline is) we each take a different team in the premiership (we all take the same team, however the teams rotate each week, until we have done all 20) And points are rewarded for the league position we achieve with that particular team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. PaulHartman71

2. PoopyPants

3.Celtic08

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Celtic 08:

One question do get to make any signings and what if you don't finish it in time

Yes, you treat each season you do like any other you would, to try and get your finishing position in the premiership table as high as possible. This means, that you will score no points for that particular 'Deadline' or 'Week' if you like.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

One question do get to make any signings and what if you don't finish it in time

1.Yes, you treat each season you do like any other you would, to try and get your finishing position in the premiership table as high as possible.

2. This means, that you will score no points for that particular 'Deadline' or 'Week' if you like.

And that was 2 questions icon_wink.gif

[/qoute]

BTW Paul i only play for like 4 hous per night so every now and then i might not finish

Okay that's fine, i'm sure the deadline will be at least 3 or 4 days, if not a week, so hopefully everyone has the time to finish. And Welcome Tomiscool icon14.gif

1. PaulHartman71

2. PoopyPants

3.Celtic08

4.Tomiscool

5. weeman27bob

6. Neville46

7. spartans5

I would definitely need a week as I have the African Striking Competition on my plate as well.

Originally posted by spartans5:

1. PaulHartman71

2. PoopyPants

3.Celtic08

4.Tomiscool

5. weeman27bob

6. Neville46

7. spartans5

I would definitely need a week as I have the African Striking Competition on my plate as well.

Yes, you do, and welcome aboard spartans5 icon14.gif

1. PaulHartman71

2. PoopyPants

3.Celtic08

4.Tomiscool

5. weeman27bob

6. Neville46

7. spartans5

8.Whitehead

One problem I see would be cheating how are you going to make sure people don't cheat to achieve good league positions?

Originally posted by Whitehead:

1. PaulHartman71

2. PoopyPants

3.Celtic08

4.Tomiscool

5. weeman27bob

6. Neville46

7. spartans5

8.Whitehead

One problem I see would be cheating how are you going to make sure people don't cheat to achieve good league positions?

Yeah, I had thought of that, the only required Screenies would be of the league table, and transfers. If anything looked suspicious then i'm sure the person wouldn't mind uploading fixture results as well.

what i'm saying paul. I've heard of the managers who save after every game and restart the game until they get the result they want/need.

I also think points need to be relative to the team

aka. If your Derby and you finish top 6 then you deserve an award at times

where as if you united and get top 3

it ent such a big deal

but for clubs like united take somepoints off from the league and award it back for Chmapions league or something maybe just an idea.

I'm sure you will have though of something before this all starts.

Yeah, I get your point about people restarting, but if they wish to do that they can, it's not really cheating, just being a perfectionist, however I will definitly only do each one once, as a week isn't a lot of FM game time for me. I have thought about what your talking about with the Derby and United thing, but don't feel bonuses for the champions league and other european competitions could be used as not every team is in it.

With points I will either do the original system, or possibly give points from 20 to 1, based on your performance compared to everyone elses in the league.

1. PaulHartman71

2. PoopyPants

3.Celtic08

4.Tomiscool

5. weeman27bob

6. Neville46

7. spartans5

8.Whitehead

9. Tom=)

10. jimalex

Which one of these 10 Users will get the most points out of controlling the 20 Premiership teams in seperate 07-08 Seasons?

Lets find out...

Week 1 - Bolton Wanderers

With Big Sam having left for Newcastle, and Nicholas Anelka leaving for Chelsea, the clubs 2 most powerful figures have now left a club, which the media predicts to get 7th. Question is, at the end of the season, how will you have done for Bolton, and the loyal fans of the Reebok Stadium?

Originally posted by Tomiscool:

Yeh, at the moment no rules at all really have been specified. What sorta screenshots do we need? What can't we do? What can we do?

Just transfers at the end of the season, the League Table at the end of the season, Manager overview and manager history.

Archived