Lost Time

Please, for FM13 can this be sorted? Sick of the amount of time it takes for a player to go a long way, pick up the ball, walk back and place it down ready to take whatever it may be, a free kick, penalty, throw-in etc. Just had an incident where my keeper walked a good 20 yards and back again to pick up a ball for a free kick, and it took the best part of a minute. That really is far too long. Same goes for throw-ins, corners etc, balls should be thrown to the relevant player by an invisible ballboy if needed, because the amount of 'dead' time for little things like that can be ridiculous at times. Yes I know it's not majorly quick in real life, but it's certainly quicker than in the game, and I just find it annoying, including for things like corners where a player goes to take the corner, then walks 10-15 yards from the corner spot to pick up the ball, and then back again. It just wouldn't happen in real life. Plus you need to try and implement time wasting, as in actually book players for it, because it's ridiculous when someone can take 15-30+ seconds for a throw-in once they have the ball in their hands when time wasting. You'd never get away with it in real life.

Completely agree on the bookings for time wasting, and mostly agree in general - although at lower levels there are no ball boys and it can take that long for the player themselves to fetch the ball.

It has actually got a bit better from previous FMs but time wasting is still way too effective.

Absoluely annoying indeed :mad:

FM12 take a lot more time than earlier versions due to this. Around 20 minutes per match on key highlights. :( Sometimes I have to watch two minutes of boring play before the ball finally goes out for a throw somewhere to convice FM to end that 'highlight'.

This should be a PRIME focus for the next patch!

Archived