Semi-Professional Clubs

I am on iOS first of all. I decided to try the Welsh League with Bangor City. They are semi-pro with adequate training facilities. I have managed big clubs in Italy, England , and Scotland before. I won the League Cup with Bangor City in season one, and in the second I won the League and the League Cup. The training facilities are adequate, which is weak, so I've asked for an upgrade. They declined. Every time I've managed elsewhere after little or no success, they will upgrade facilities. Is it because they are semi pro? Can they never improve them? Also, can you ever go from semi pro to pro? I am trying to make a small club strong. If there can be no improvement, I am wasting my time. I have sugar daddy unlocked from a previous campaign, and started with it "on", yet the club is broke as normal while being listed as "rich". Answers to these questions would be very appreciated.

Fantastic, and thank you. The Welsh Prem is mixed semi pro and pro. I remember TNS is pro and Neath also I think. Neath facilities are also listed as good, while all others are adequate or basic.

I still don't understand why "Sugar Daddy" has no effect here at Bangor City. I didn't expect tens of millions, but I'm shocked at the initial transfer budget of 2K. What is the deal here?

I am in December of my 3rd year and through 15 games I believe I've scored 51 goals and have an 11 point lead. Haven't bought any players that I can remember, but got a few "expired" and "no club" guys that mostly worked out. Also, 5 fantastic players have been promoted to my squad despite "adequate" facilities.

I am telling you the success of the club because the board will not upgrade facilities no matter what We have won or how well we are doing

Bangor are one of the big clubs in the Welsh league. Neath and Llanelli are two others. After winning the domestic treble in the first year, I got a job at BSP Lincoln the next. However, the board did upgrade some facilities before i left. I would like to see the option for the Welsh champions to be invited to the English leagues (L2 or BSP). Maybe as an unlockable after three consecutive domestic titles.

I managed to upgrade my stadium several times only after success in Europe (Beat Real Madrid in quarters and got the stadium upgraded from 8k - owe you one from 5k to 8k, to 12k. Then I progressed to the final and had it upgraded to 15k then after winning it either side of the season marker I had it upgraded to a final 21.5k.) However, the board won't upgrade my training facilities.

• SI Staff
So semi-pro clubs currently have no way to advance to professional, and their semi-pro status is causing the board to keep refusing to upgrade facilities?

At present clubs upgrade to 'Professional' if they enter a league which requires it - however in a league where there are mixed semi-pro and professional clubs they don't upgrade to "Professional" ... however I'm going to change this in the next update so if a club performs exceptionally they'll upgrade their status accordingly.

But if a semi-pro club enters an all-pro league then the league will be made up of semi-pro and pro clubs, so the semi-pro club won't ever be able to advance to pro status?

Also for the england, leagues that are 'professional' are League Two and above right?

• SI Staff
But if a semi-pro club enters an all-pro league then the league will be made up of semi-pro and pro clubs, so the semi-pro club won't ever be able to advance to pro status?

Also for the england, leagues that are 'professional' are League Two and above right?

If a club is promoted into a professional standard league then they do change their professional status - thats always been in the game, the only issue is for leagues where the top level is the only one present and that has a mix of professional/non-professional clubs (which will be changed in the next update).

PS - Yes if you get promoted into league 2 you should find your professional status changes to "Professional" ...

It is very unlikely that anything like that would ever be put in as it would be horrible from a licensing point of view.

So I guess moving Rangers and Celtic to the EPL would be out of the question as well...

I like rafa's editing idea though, so we could do it ourselves, keep the team numbers and promotion/relegation, just literally move some of the clubs around.

Archived