Get steam to ****!!!!!!

I have had enough of this pish with steam!!!!!

All i want to do is put the cd in and play FM2012 not, download it through steam who for 40minutes tell they are to busy and to try later then when i do finally start to download it then takes 2HOURS to download!!!! And finally i get ready to play and steam tell me the game isnt available just now and to try later!!!!! Been waiting for an hour now for it to be ready!!!!!

Ive been playing football manager then champ manager and back to football manager for longer than i care to remember but until steam get the boot it its made easier to start i will not be buying football manager again!!!!!

If you have the cd version then why are you downloading it through steam shouldn't all the data be on the cd? I don't have the cd version so i could be wrong though... Those steam is busy errors when downloading are usually avoidable by changing download region from the settings. About that game isn't available error you could try verifying the game cache and if that doesn't work you can GOOGLE for answers... Instead of trying to start the game for one hour maybe you should spend 5 minutes to find a solution from the world of internet...

Hello,

Installing from the disk can be done like this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184711&viewfull=1#post7184711

If the game isn't available then you can follow advice here to fix it:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

If it's still not working at that point you can verify your cache, like this - twice, ideally:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

If you try all of the above and you're still struggling - and I believe it'll only take a couple of minutes if you've managed to install now - then please let us know.

Cheers

Matt

when this happened to me I just turned off my computer, waited 2-3 minutes and turned it back on and it worked.

Also you may be running anti virus, so turn it off and see if the game loads then. Or try to select a different server from the list.

Like i said at the start, all i want to do is put cd in, setup and play. None of this crap involving steam!!! It surely cant be hard?! Had enough game going in bin and will never be buying FM again until steam are gone!!!! Which i aint doing easily because like i said ive been playing this series of game for so long i cant remember and have loved it but i cant be bothered with this pish. I aint a daft wee teenager who doesnt know what do. Im a 30something who be cant arsed with this hassle to play a computer game!!!!!

I shouldnt have to rely on having an internet connection or rely on servers from steam being quiet!!!

Sorry SI but ive giving you alot of money over the years but no more!!!!!

Sorry but you do not own a copy of FM2012. It might look like you do, hand over your money, take a disk home and all that but you only get to play when Steam chose to let you.

They can block you without explination at any time. SI decided that it was in their comercial intersts to put a shady deal with a third party over the intrests of thier own customers.

What is SI's interests is also indirectly our interests. They reduce piracy, sell more copies, make more money. Making more money means the series continues and improves. The sticky at the top of this forum talks about SI hiring more staff which can only be a good thing for the end user.

I can understand your frustration, but most (not all though) of the problems people have is by not reading the FAQ sticky, or not having updated drivers etc.

Sorry but you do not own a copy of FM2012. It might look like you do, hand over your money, take a disk home and all that but you only get to play when Steam chose to let you.

They can block you without explination at any time. SI decided that it was in their comercial intersts to put a shady deal with a third party over the intrests of thier own customers.

Hit the nail on the head mate!!! SI dont give a toss about the people who purchase this game because they think its so good that we will put up with anything to get it!!!! Well ill be one long term loyal customer they have lost until they stop this crap with steam!!!

Shame really but at least my wife will be happy!!!!!!

Hit the nail on the head mate!!! SI dont give a toss about the people who purchase this game because they think its so good that we will put up with anything to get it!!!! Well ill be one long term loyal customer they have lost until they stop this crap with steam!!!

If you'd stop bitching for one minute and read the help that people are providing you with you might be able to install a game trough steam.

You make this sound like you need a master's degree just to use steam, I find your ranting more of a laughing matter than a serious one.

These threads always decend into a pro steam group vs a anti steam group.

I think it would be a good idea for SI to have another way outside Steam but I will always continue to use steam as its benefits far outweigh its miniscule faults, which I have yet to encounter in over 6 years of using Steam.

It usually comes down to user unfamiliarity with Steam or a poor internet connection/server connection.

I can only assume any alternative to steam would probably involve a premium rate phone call...

I congratulate SI for the move to Steam, having been a long time gamer, back since the days of DOOM, I find not having to manage patches myself, having steam validate installs and being able to download and play anywhere with little issue and with great ease makes Steam a no brainer. The backup and validation tools are much underused!

I usually think anyone who cannot see the benefits of steam has obviously not had similar issues with non steam games, hours of trying to find and install a patch for a gamebreaking bug that either is so big the download keeps interrupting or is blooming complicated to install. Which have happened to me MANY times since I first slipped the floppy disks of my first few games into my windows 3.1 PC

If you'd stop bitching for one minute and read the help that people are providing you with you might be able to install a game trough steam.

You make this sound like you need a master's degree just to use steam, I find your ranting more of a laughing matter than a serious one.

What should i do then? I made the mistake of uninstalling the game and im currently trying to install through steam and it has taken nearly an hour to get half way through it. After doing everything that has been suggested on here.

I do think SI forcing us to download steam onto our computers when we dont have to is a serious matter. I wish to give my details to as few as people as possible online and i dont like being forced to just to play a computer game.

When you agree with djvandyke you must know you're being unreasonable.

These threads always decend into a pro steam group vs a anti steam group.

I think it would be a good idea for SI to have another way outside Steam but I will always continue to use steam as its benefits far outweigh its miniscule faults, which I have yet to encounter in over 6 years of using Steam.

It usually comes down to user unfamiliarity with Steam or a poor internet connection/server connection.

I can only assume any alternative to steam would probably involve a premium rate phone call...

I congratulate SI for the move to Steam, having been a long time gamer, back since the days of DOOM, I find not having to manage patches myself, having steam validate installs and being able to download and play anywhere with little issue and with great ease makes Steam a no brainer. The backup and validation tools are much underused!

I usually think anyone who cannot see the benefits of steam has obviously not had similar issues with non steam games, hours of trying to find and install a patch for a gamebreaking bug that either is so big the download keeps interrupting or is blooming complicated to install. Which have happened to me MANY times since I first slipped the floppy disks of my first few games into my windows 3.1 PC

Ive been playing football manager games since i had a spectrum using cassettes and ive never had as much trouble as FM2012. Had a little trouble and hassle with steam with FM2011.

I have had no problem with my internet connection in past year and in the past you could install without steam or an internet connection. Im pissed off at being forced to giving my details to third party who, at times, are crap.

Archived