Things That Went Wrong On This Game From FM 2009

First of all, sorry for my english, I will try to explain it all in fluent fashion.

I just made post in my thread-->

12.1. HUGE step backwards

And I wrote on my last post what I expect from this game.

-challenging game

-possibility to have beautiful game if everything clicks in right places

-possibility to have great defending team if everything clicks in right places

-possibility to have rubbish team if everything dont click in right way

-AI that transfers a lot

-general hardness that increases when you start to dominate (and not to become so easy once you take a major trophy)

-playable ME with no majors bugs

Well, this bold things concern me a lot.

Nowadays it is impossible to have something of this options.

It is always same pattern.

In example.

I take Everton to manage (in example, you can imagine every other team).

1st season - good start, then struggle, finished 6-8

2nd season - better results, better team (bought south americans, some transfer listed players from world class teams), I fight for Champions League place

3rd-5th seasons - everything in its place, great team, take a league trophy, competition becomes easyer because they dont buy star players

If it is better team, domination time will come sooner, if it is bad team, domination time will come later.

It is like this way whatever tactic or approach I take. Only is important to have some medium mentallity, shorter passing.... and voila!

This process is great fun, but becomes very boring with the same pattern once you start to dominate.

It wasnt like this prior to FM 2009.

Back than (FM 2008, FM 2007, FM 2006...) everything could happen, you could build team that is based on great defense and counter attacking, you could bulid team with great attacking, you could dominate very first season, you could be average for five years or get fired in first season.

Why this changed?

First thing, in my opinion, comes with 3D ME in FM 2009, like it all becomes so much unified with all of this, like some things that was happening before now wasnt possible because of the incapacious, restricted and limited 3D Match Engine. Many things that are happening now, happens with the same recipe.

Second thing, in my opinion, comes with the Tactic Creator. Before you had different ways, tactics, that determines your level of play. Because some of the Diablo tactics, SI invented Tactic Creator that could bring succes to everyone.

I read tactics forum, and always laugh (not in negative way) to people who request some super tactics. Well, some tactics are better than other ones, but in the end, it is same thing like your homemade tactic, you only need time, and you will dominate everyone.

This two steps were the wrong ones, IMO. Or, they are wrongly done

It is great idea to have 3D ME, it is great idea to have TC so everyone can succeed, but it takes "random fun" from the game because ME is limited and TC unifies multi aspects in the FM series.

[but, one thing is random. And it is thing affected by patch changes, so every change results in the frustration from the players.]

As I said before in my thread, it is written in "game code" that you are good team, that you bring good players, so you will succed even though you dont have great tactics, you will concede less even though you play more on attack than on the defence, like it is all the same with this new FM editions.

You will struggle in match screen, you will get headaches from your team play but after all of this you can win the match.

Like Game Code is "stronger" than ME and whatever is happening, result will be the same like it is written on game code. It takes the challenge from us, it takes the fun.

ME is ruined and it is not displaying things properly, that is the main reason from all faults from FM 2009 untill FM 2012.

And not to mention this transfer faults in the game. :(

I just want to share my thoughts, feel free to discuss.

Thanks. :)

Sorry you must have missed my sarcasm, my bad, FM09 has more problems than FM12 does, but more to the point, how do you know how good defending was before if you couldnt see it? I think the real issue you have is with the animations, not the ME itself.

Yes CM 01/02 was "comentary only", but it was game without any fault. It is not like "grass was greener", CM 012/02 was just perfect game, and although you couldnt see what was happening it was visible how does your team plays with so many other options.

Back then you could be defensive team, you could be attacking team, and it was visible by match statistics, that last 5 min possesions display, players statistics..

After that it was easier with FM 2005-2008 (didnt play through 2003-2005, I think that CM 2003 came out in may or something like that) because of 2D screen - it worked wonderfully.And it was best years of FM series.

Problems with animations? Maybe. Then, I named it wrongly, ME or animations - but the problem is the same one, game is still struggling untill third patch and it plays with patterns in every patch.

3D match screen (animations) is too limited to properly show the ME, and ME is affected by TC.

It is a lose-lose situation for FM users, I'm afraid.

ps

Sorry for not recognizing your sarcasm. :)

for me many of the non match playing elements have gotten better as the series has gone on but the actual tactical and match play hasnt. sure transfers arent great but they have never been great. for me the loss of the arrows on the tactical screen was a major step back. i know people say that instructions like stay back all the time are supposed to take the place of the arrows but i cant draw the back left arrow that tells my holding midfielder i want him to play more centrally in defense and then move side by side to my other cm in attack. he remains a little too right. si made positioning and the tactical elements too rigid because some people created crazy tactics. every time si decide to make things less flexible it makes the game worse.

edit: to be fair si have managed to eliminate the crazy through balls from a couple years ago and the tackling has improved a tiny bit.

Archived