Most epic road to World Cup trophy! (For me at least)

Just came off one of the most exciting Campign of my entire Football Manager career. Decided to try International Football for once after Del Bosque quit Spain and won them the Euro Cup, lost the Confederation Cup to Argentina at the Finals, and just won the World Cup after an absolutely nail-biting road to the finals!

germany12spain.png

spain62italy.jpg

france12spain.png

spain43england.png

probably didn't deserve to win against france, but I'll still take it! Just wanted to share my absolute joy!

Haha. Thanks guys. Yeah, I was sort of lucky, especially in the final. England had 2 disallowed goals. One being offside when it was a really tight call. Reply didn't show the lines to tell whether it was or not, so it was very close.

Wow all European opposition in the run-up to the trophy, that must have been really hard, and you beat my Italy 6-2??? Man your a bully, LOL, j/k

Yeah. It was a very tough road. When I got Germany in the Knock Out I was like, "Oh god this is gonna be bad.", and when I conceded first I went, "Ah well that's it." Then at the 92 minute I equalized and I win in extra time. Sensational.

Against Italy, I dominated. Scored 2 in first half so I subbed out some of my players who could get a Yellow and miss the Semi. FML when I scored 2 freaking own goals. Thank god I manage to score 4 in extra time.

Against France, man they dominated me. I don't know how I won that.

And England, heck. They score, I equalize, every time. Right up to the 80th minute their Walcott scores one. I use commentary only highlights so I was praying and praying that it would be ruled out. And when it did I heaved a sigh of relief. And right at the end, Pedro scores a sensational 25 yards lob after a break away. Fantastic.

Archived