Why is there no rival to FMRTE?

Hello

My question is why has nobody diced to make rival to FMRTE.

There was the Chinese made software FMEditor , however the programmer has apparently stopped making the

software.

So why are there no other editors for Football manager?

I look forward to forum members thoughts on this subject.

Yours

Farhan

Hello

My question is why has nobody diced to make rival to FMRTE.

There was the Chinese made software FMEditor , however the programmer has apparently stopped making the

software.

So why are there no other editors for Football manager?

I look forward to forum members thoughts on this subject.

Yours

Farhan

Why would someone make a piece of software just like FMRTE? Because he needs it and thinks he can help others with it? Seems unlikely as there is already a piece of software doing just that and it's free. Maybe to make money? Nope FMRTE is free so that wouldn't work out to well.

Can't really find any other motives for someone to spend an absurd amount of time to try and make a piece of software. The guy who made FMRTE did it for free to help others and because it's sort of his hobby (I think). The only thing he is getting for the development of the software is donations which will probably get him somewhere near minimum wage if take his work hours into account (maybe less and maybe a LOT less).

The only reason for a "rival" to be made is if there is something to compete for and that is just not the case here as FMRTE is already free and if someone wants to make a piece of software as a hobby he will likely chose something that doesn't already exist.

If there is a successful save game editor, there is little need for another and there has only ever been one at a time. It is the developers choice if he wants paid for his efforts and the users choice if he wants to pay for it. If there is no free save game editor, then another user may put all the effort in to make another one.

Why would someone make a piece of software just like FMRTE? Because he needs it and thinks he can help others with it? Seems unlikely as there is already a piece of software doing just that and it's free. Maybe to make money? Nope FMRTE is free so that wouldn't work out to well.

Can't really find any other motives for someone to spend an absurd amount of time to try and make a piece of software. The guy who made FMRTE did it for free to help others and because it's sort of his hobby (I think). The only thing he is getting for the development of the software is donations which will probably get him somewhere near minimum wage if take his work hours into account (maybe less and maybe a LOT less).

The only reason for a "rival" to be made is if there is something to compete for and that is just not the case here as FMRTE is already free and if someone wants to make a piece of software as a hobby he will likely chose something that doesn't already exist.

FMRTE is NOT free.

Archived