Just asking an opinion, do you think this is realistic?

I'm Barcelona manager, have been there a year, won the league, and Spanish cup, though lost the CL final to Man City (I'd won the league and CL in my first and fourth seasons at City. The Liverpool job became available after Van Gaal retired. I applied for it, being a Liverpool fan. I did not get it though, Alex McCleish did...

I'm aware that the fact I have 4 years left on a £82,000 per week deal with Barcelona will probably mean I would be an extremely expensive option...but they've instead gone for a manager who was just sacked by Sunderland after barely avoiding relegation. They're not poor, so I'd tend to think they'd go for the expensive option who has 3 league titles and 2 CL wins in 5 seasons, rather than the useless relegation fodder manager.

Thoughts?

the most unrealistic thing I find about the game is the actual games/matches. I can't seem to figure out why a centre back can't move a bit with the ball to find someone. If there's no obvious pass for him to play forwards, he just turns around and gives it back to the keeper! And shouting instructions to the team is a complete farce as well. The command "get stuck in" surely means "when Darren Bent (for example) has the ball, Thomas Vermaelen should give 100% commitment to making the tackle and winning the ball". Instead, the players will just do exactly what they always do which is ball-watching. On a previous FM game, I remember a game where Sebastian Larsson ran with the ball from the halfway line right up to the byline and crossed the ball into the box and Ashley Cole ran alongside him...I think he even overtook him at one point! Well if he was running alongside him in a real game, surely he would have put the ball (and Larsson) out of play?!

Maybe it down to history. Are Liverpool on the slide? Are you too good for Liverpool? Are Liverpool looking for stability and you, although doing well, are starting to look a journyman in their eyes? I would think cost is a big problem, four years on £82k is gonna cost alot. I have also noticed its alot easier to get jobs when unemployed in this game. Tested it five times in a previous save where i applied for higher rep teams job and was rejected, reloaded my save and resigned from my club then applied and each time i was offered the job.

Archived