Why is it so difficult to loan players?

This is an issue that irked me in FM11 as well, but why is it so difficult to loan out your youth players? My current save is with one of the bigger teams in Italy and when I get some quality regens that I want to loan out, the only places that make an offer are usually Serie B or C. I usually offer to make the loan with no fee and no responsibility for wages to make it even more lucrative. Why is it that there isn't a single team in the mid-range leagues (France, Holland, Portugal) that is willing to take the players on loan? You would figure that if you had a quality young player and required no wages to be paid, that you would have the opposite problem - too many teams around Europe would be offering to take him on. What gives?

It's not just youth players. In real life, older players who aren't in the first team plans quite often get loaned out. But on FM, although it can occasionally be done, it's quite hard and is often met with total and utter confusion by the player involved, who you would think might welcome the chance of first team football or at least understand why you might be looking to loan him out.

I agree, i can't quite understand why it's so hard to loan them out and why they refuse so many times, i had a 18 year model professional that wasn't that great refusing a loan to a team in the second tier of France.

How many times you hear players refusing loans IRL? I think that Wilshere refused it once but that's a high profile player..

In my save at the start of every season i offer out around 35 youth and reserve players and year in year out without fail 15 to 20 go happily for six months. I only find it hard in March really where a few youngsters reject the odd move to a BSBP team or something similar.

My main annonyance is that when im trying to sell a player teams in France or Italy only seem to offer 'loan with a view' but you see that more and more these days.

I would like to see lower league clubs accepting loan bids in say October for three months with view for permanent move in January. The likes of Peterborough have done this time and time again in last couple of seasons. I can as say West Ham bid for a Scunthorpe player and get him signed on Jan 1st but cant seem to loan him in October for fee upfront then clinch permanent deal in January.

The way i scout and identify the players i want means i spend maybe 1/4 of the season unable to field the side i want although i see in real life this practice taking place.

i manged to loan out berbatov.

and have 2 newgens at harlepool (they asked...)

i have been trying to loan out ravel morrison for 2 years, he just refuses (he refuses tutoring as well)

so yea. for me loans seems to be ok and fine, i have more problem selling players., teams happily bid on my first team players and hot prospects. but leave fringe players alone

Once you put a player out on loan or up for loan - that should be automated by the Director of Football - which we never see in the game. Or else the assistant can do it.

I'd like to see the option for "Assistant Manager looks after Loaning players"

> "Only accept teams with option as Valuable First Team"

> " Only accept teams with option as Backup"

> "Only accept teams with option as Any"

And to back up my theory. At the moment Arsenal are trying to Loan Henry. And Wenger has stated that he is not involved in the details of the loan. He just said "I want Henry on loan" and then the club make the arrangements. I imagine it works both ways as in:

I want to Loan these players out under these conditions> "We'll take care of it"

And the stats of your staff would also play a part in both finding and determining what club you send them to loan - or perhaps you could intervene, as I'm sure as Team Manager you'd have the final say on any deals...

Archived