Disabling Agents?

I like the addition of agents, I find it realistic. Its not that bad to deal with in my opinion.

Just remember to pick your battles. You can reduce a small part of something. I usually go for salary since its multi-year. Lets say he asks for 10k per week. You can try to reduce it to 7k. Also take a look at the agent attributes and take that in considerations. But remember to leave it at that, don't try to reduce everything. If you want to reduce things more you have to make it up in other areas (e.g. increasing their signing bonus or appearance fees).

The best way to go about it is also to get it right on the first negotiation (make it turn green). The longer you go the more the agent will tighten up and give you less. Just like trying to enter the backdoor with your gf.

The thing with agents is that you have to negotiate fairly. You give in a little bit, the agent will give in a little bit as well. It's a negotiation, you can't always get whatever you want. If you keep lowballing agents obviously they will hate you.

Get them keep that yearly wage increase, and lower those weekly wages down a bit, or keep those same wages and persuade them to add an extra year or two onto the contract.

Agents being money grabbing scum is unrealistic? ;)

To that extent, it most certainly is. In reality there exists a thing called communication between agents/players/bidding clubs. An agent that negotiates a deal that loses his client millions in order to earn a bit for himself is not going to be employed for long.

I like to think of players as Idiots who get sore heads from thinking too much, and have an agent to do the thinking for them :D Resulting In the agent convincing them taking a pay cut Is the best thing, ofcourse that Is just me

I hated the agent introduction at first; I'm getting used to them now.

I watch out for agents with very low (less than 6/7) "patience" rating. If you want the player they represent to sign you have to make the deal in the first 2/3 offers. Watch out for the comment "I'm starting to get frustrated...." bacause you must make the acceptable offer next click!

Basically, I generally go for a generous payment to the agent & compensate this with lower wages & a longer term contract.

I never, EVER, agree a contract with "Match top earner". I hate that. It gets up my nose! In fact, before I accept a job with a new club, I always check the top earner to make sure he doesn't have this clause!

To that extent' date=' it most certainly is. In reality there exists a thing called communication between agents/players/bidding clubs. An agent that negotiates a deal that loses his client millions in order to earn a bit for himself is not going to be employed for long.[/quote']

Really? And your knowledge originates from WHERE? are you a professional football player? or are you even an agent? Wow...

it seems you dont know much about how bad mankind can be actually ;) sure you will learn that, youre still young mate :)

WTF are you on about? There's no way an agent can consistently convince his clients to take huge paycuts while pocketing nice profits for himself. You can keep your patronising bs comments to yourself, btw.

WTF are you on about? There's no way an agent can consistently convince his clients to take huge paycuts while pocketing nice profits for himself. You can keep your patronising bs comments to yourself' date=' btw.[/quote']

Its very rarely a pay cut that the agent negotiates, normally is just less of a pay rise.

Its very rarely a pay cut that the agent negotiates, normally is just less of a pay rise.

Regardless the players will have expectations. There's a communication process involved and they shouldn't accept lesser offers easily. In FM you can offer a player less than rival bidders but as long as you pay off the agent they'll still sign with you.

I'm all for breaking the legs of my players' agents. I started in BSN and none of my players had agents. Contract negotiations were pleasant and easy. Now I'm in League Two and contracts are due for renewal. My players all have agents now. These agents are demanding typically 10x the current salary, and demand up to 5x the annual salary for their own fee. My home gates of 2000 are amongst the lowest in the division. In short, the demands are utterly unrealistic and unreasonable. Now all my key players are demanding transfers.

It wasn't a pay cut he took I negotiated a contract with the player when signing him his starting demands were 120k a week. I got everything else right and got him down to 90k but he wouldn't drop any lower until I offered him 500k more than he decided 60k a week was good enough. At his current club he was on 42k a week.

Regardless the players will have expectations. There's a communication process involved and they shouldn't accept lesser offers easily. In FM you can offer a player less than rival bidders but as long as you pay off the agent they'll still sign with you.

It IS quite stupid sometimes, though.

Just now: Agent contacts me, for the third time, because the player I got on contract did well in a u/23 olympic game. He should get a better contract the agent tells me.

I look at his wage, and see it is 33k Dkk. At this point in time I usually fling out 70k to 100k to my good players when I sign them, and the player in question have been starring on my primary lineup sine I got him and is still one of the best in his position on my team.

So, I figure it's a fair deal to give him a rais and I tell the agent that I won't mind negotiating the contract to 70k (which is roughly double his current salary) if he adds a year at the end of the contract. The agent responds that he wants a salary of 300k for the player and the SAME duration as it already is. Oh, and a huge increase on all the bonuses as well and a load of cash for both himself and the player up front...

At this case I just do a facepalm, tell the agent what my offer is and he can take it or leave it. Agent does the "I'm backe din a corner then and can't accept." and I just shrug and ignore the unrealistic demands from him or the player.

I guess I'll just sell the player when he has a year left on his contract and get a new one instead by then, but I think it's hugely silly how unrealistic demands the players and agents sometimes makes. It's to the point where I know that when a player asks for new contract negotiations, I just sigh because I know it'll be an exercise in futility and just a waste of my time to even bother talking with them about it.

EDIT: URGH. And now one of my coaches tells me the player looks troubled and that I ought to talk with him cause he wants his contract renewed. And the options I get when talking with him doesn't allow me to tell him that his agent is a bufoon that won't accept a realiztic raise but only makes unrealistic demands. I can only tell him to "stuff it" (although in more neitral words on dialog option), or that I will OFFER a new contract soon. Seriously.. I ALREADY OFFERED him a raise, but he or his agent wouldn't accept it! This is getting beyond stupid when the game won't even acknowledge what the REAL issue is -.-

2nd edit: Tried telling him I would offer him a new contract just to see if it registers. After that conversation, I talked to the agent. Agent wanted 465k salary /facepalm. I told him I would raise his salaray from 33k to 70k, and raise his bonuses from 2k a match to 16k a match and from 700 a goal to 16k a goal. And he could shove the rest of the 'improvements' up his rearhole as those were the improvements I were willing to make, which were MORE than generous considering I could just let him run the contract instead. Agent refuses and player still waits for me to OFFER a new contract.... Come on SI... I already offered him a contract, so stop making the game treat the issue as if it is me that is with-holding here. This poor player interaction is why I just reload and tell my players to stuff contract negotiations when they ask for them, cause I know the game isn't working in that area. That part of the game might as well not have existed at all, that's how broken it is.

The more failed negotiations you make, the more that agent will not like you. The more he doesnt like you the less willing to negotiate he will be. Often if you give the agent a bit more money they negotiate a long way down for their player

I guess so, but why is it even a negotiation in the first place?

-I want more money

-sure, here you go...

-that's not enough. More money than that or I won't accept your offer and stay with my lower wages...

- o.O

It's not rocket science we are talking about here, as far as real "negotiations" would have been. That you can't even discuss the problem with the player but are tied up with options of "no negotiations", "I'll try to bend over to your agent within a month", "proove your worth" it just becomes really silly. Where's our option of "I offered you a contract, but you wouldn't accept it. Talk with your agent why he doesn't want you to get a better wage...", eh?

I don't get how a nobody I discovered in africa by scouting, took in for a wage that was 10 times what he got paid on his previous team and gives him match experiences that are far above what he ever received before (got a champions cup win under the belt with the club now) can now demand a wage that is over twice of what I pay the highest earner in my squad: A hot prospect I manged to pilfer from Real Madrid because the Real Madrid manager didn't give enough playing time for the prospect to satisfy him. He should have been happy with my offer of doubling his wage, which is STILL 20 times what he was making before I decided to take him under my wings. Heck, Even Kasper Schmeichel (4½ star ability with 4½ star potential in my team)earns 4 times less in my team than what was demanded by the generated african players agent for the 'new' contract.

It seems like there is no sense of attachement to 'reality' in some of the demands from players/agents...

And I'll jump off a tall building before I'll ever bribe an agent to get a player to accept a wage increase. I'm doing HIM a favour, not the other way around...

I don't see what money to the agent or extra 'loyalty bonuses' have to do with anything under those circumstances at all. It's not like I'm trying to hire a new player or anything...

It wasn't a pay cut he took I negotiated a contract with the player when signing him his starting demands were 120k a week. I got everything else right and got him down to 90k but he wouldn't drop any lower until I offered him 500k more than he decided 60k a week was good enough. At his current club he was on 42k a week.

Well that's broken from both sides, isn't it?

From the player's side, the agent I'm sure is meant to have a duty of care to inform his player of the negotiations, so irrelevant of what he is paid at his current club, dropping demands from 90k to 60k just because the agent pockets a bit more money is beyond stupid and unrealistic.

And from the club's point of view, when faced with an agent saying 90k plus incentives isn't enough, in what kind of world would the next sensible offer to make be "Hey, I know you're happy with 90k basic, but how about for sh*ts and giggles we agree on 60k instead and you have this envelope?"

For all the people that go on about how realistic FM is (not aimed at you, AcidBurn, but generally), they resort to using and accepting gamey techniques like your example as being ok.

I'd think most "good" professional players have financial advisors as well, as they earn a lot of money in a short amount of time, and they would no doubt be advising players on their agents, and whether they are earning market rate or not.

It's in the agent's interests to make a deal work, as they get commission. It's also in the agent's interests not to get greedy, because like it or not, unless you are a "super-agent" like Zahavi, agents are easily replaceable and once an agent gets too greedy, a player may just fire that agent and get a new one instead.

I'm not sure I agree that an agent should necessarily ask for more money if he doesn't like you... An agent isn't meant to bring personal issues into their job, and a player might realise when this happens.

In addition, should a player actually want to stay, then the agent simply cannot be greedy because if talks break down, the player will get upset at the agent and fire him, so the agent loses out.

An agent largely has to stick around market rate and at the first sign of unreasonableness the agent should be fired. Exceptions do exist, but they are rare and not the norm (i.e. Zahavi).

And from the club's point of view, when faced with an agent saying 90k plus incentives isn't enough, in what kind of world would the next sensible offer to make be "Hey, I know you're happy with 90k basic, but how about for sh*ts and giggles we agree on 60k instead and you have this envelope?"

Sounds like this kind of world sadly. The agents have a 'fee' attribute, the higher that is the greater scum they are. I see similarities in how engineering and construction firms being offered substantial bonuses and entitlements for completing the work before schedule. Benefits the company, but cuts down the hours and hence wages of the labourers. It's all money money money.

In-game, either the extra dosh for the agent gets the player on a more realistic wage for his ability, or it under-cuts his worth and soon enough you see the little story about your player sacking their agent and the player comes along asking for more money. All balances out.

I hated the idea of putting agents in the game. Making transfers work logically and players demands realistic proved hard enough with out adding another layer of AI decision making to the mix. Yes agents fees needed to be included in the game to make clubs expenses realistic and stop players building great war-chests of spare cash but a sliding % of wages or transfer fees and a few references to the agent on the contract negotiation screen would have done that.

Archived