Moving down the leagues

Hi All,

Merry Xmas - Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it, and it's quite difficult to search for.

Basically at the minute it's 2017, I've nailed it with Leicester and we're winning everything. But I miss the lower leagues, I miss the challenge.... so I'm thinking of making a shock move to league 1 or the championship. Just wondering if anyone knows of any benefits of doing this? Will my reputation attract better players than I normally would? Will my scouting knowledge transfer? I don't want to move without having any kind of benefit from my career so far!

Cheers guys

Josh

Well I haven't made a move like that for many years, but I know for a fact that manager reputation can convince some players to join when they otherwise wouldn't (to test, create a new manager in a lower league with the lowest reputation, and look to see who's interested, then do the same with top reputation at the same club and see how there are new players interested). If you already have experience you'll find your own players respect you more as well.

As for scouting knowledge, your own personal scouting knowledge persists from job to job (check your manager's profile page). I imagine there'd be a few other benefits as well, like perhaps the board being more willing to implement changes you want, give you more money for transfers and wages, e.t.c.

To be honest though, the main reason you'd want to make such a change is if (like me) you enjoy managing in lower leagues more, and miss the unique challenges that come with managing there.

Not sure what benefits it will bring u.

But the media will ask you why did you move to a smaller club.

Your rep would perhaps attract better players, board gives you more time, convinced better staff to join you, better scouting knowledge, and (world class)players (which you managed before) liking you

Archived