XML error - cheers

This is the FIRST FM game i've ever owned (2012) went through tutorials and all that, got to my first game.....

BANG just after clicking team talk, stupid XML error.

Google was immediately opened, looks like these errors always happen.....good job. Maybe spend less money on advertising and fix the problems?

Anyway, came on the official forums to try and get the most up-to-date help, only help is to delete the settings folder right? There is no help on what to do after this....(re-install, load up again...reboot computer - not ALL of us are computer geeks, some just want to play games)

Went and did this, loaded the game up got all the way through the start up (as the crash = no save)

BOOOOOOOOOOOM not fixed.

Any help would be dandy, normally i return clothing given for xmas that doesn't fit. Don't want FM to be the first game i return.

I've spent a good proportion of Xmas day trying to get this game to work, i'm not happy, i'm currently RE-downloading the game (cheers for the 3 hours steam)....

But i am not really hopeful it will work anyway, so help please - or back to battlefield3 for me.

Hello,

If you've done this already:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184722&viewfull=1#post7184722

Please give this a go:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Try doing that a couple of times. If neither of those work, you can try a little bit of PC maintenance which will normally sort you out:

- Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

- Make sure your DirectX installation is up to date.

- Make sure your Java installation is up to date.

If you do a windows update you should get options on the first two.

I'd be very surprised if that doesn't solve the problem, but let us know if so...:)

Cheers

Matt

Archived