any Reason to make money?

Is there any incentive at all to earn money as a manager?

There might be hidden somewhere, but I haven't found it. This seems like the most unrealistic part of the game. The way it is set up I should actually try to get the least amount of money from my club I can so that their financials look better.

There should be something in hall of fame tracking how much you have earned as a manager or at least an achievement for earning a certain amount or switching to a higher paying job. Something to put some incentive to earning an income in this game.

I've heard it said that a higher salary + long time remaining on your deal both makes the club more reluctant so sack you, and makes it less likely for another club to offer you a job. Simply because in both cases it'll cost them more.

I have absolutely no idea if this is true though.

I like the idea of a hall of fame for top earners or an achievement.

Boosted reputation sounds like a good idea as well but you have a few clubs that are mega rich in leagues that aren't the biggest in the world and i'm not sure i could tell you who their managers were even if they are ridiculously well paid, so it would have to be measured accordingly.

I always try to get 5 year contracts so it's harder for my board to sack me, but I don't take the p**s with wage demands. I was offered 43,000 on my latest contract and I am a club icon now and I could have asked for more, but it seemed like a reasonable wage that should make them think twice about sacking me if things start to go bad.

Archived