[iOS] Grimsby : Back To Wembley in 30 Years?

This is a FMH project on my iPhone to get Grimsby Town to Wembley for the first time since the highs of '97-'98. I will give half-seasonal updates on ins-outs, and important matches. (almost)Every match will be posted in real-time. LEt's get it STARTED!

Gooseta Rodrigo : Manager of Grimsby Town F.C.

Expectations : Playoffs, Top-table at Christmas

Blue Square Bet Fixtures

13 AUG

vs. Cambridge U. (H)

Result: 2-2 Draw : Grimsby stay 12th.

16 AUG

vs. Southport (A)

Result: 1-0 Loss : Grimsby drop to 21st.

Michael Coulson injured in the 55th minute

20 AUG

vs. AFC Telford (H)

Result: 1-2 Loss : Grimsby fall to 22nd

Michael Coulson returns from injury.

BSB Fixtures

vs. Forest Green (H) : 0-2 Loss

vs. Wrexham : 3-3 Draw

vs. Darlington : 3-2 WIN!!

vs. Barrow : 2-3 Loss

(FA TROPHY) vs. Boreham Wood : 3-1 WIN!!

vs. Cambridge U. : 1-2 Loss

15th) P 24 W7 D8 L9 Pts29 GD 2

I had to laugh at the conclusion of your project. It seemed things were getting better but the Telford result was the killer. I fancy having a run with Grimsby, mainly because I like managing clubs that are in either dismal or unfashionable places. Grimsby qualifies on both counts. Currently running Lincoln and have secured consecutive promotions all the way to the Premier League. The board are a bunch of ***** though.

• SI Staff

Word of warning for the future when you're struggling DONT loan in kids and expect them to find their feet unless they're truly exceptional or have very strong personalities ... fighting against the tide is hard enough when you're a mature adult, let alone a 17 year old kid playing his first professional matches.

(which isn't to say you can't succeed with kids - however they are more prone to struggle if things are going against them .. at the very least I'd suggest some experienced players with strong leadership abilities to help guide them)

Archived