sign a coach that doesn't speak the teams language?

probly a stupid questoion, but I decided to manage a bigish club on this save, so, Hoffenheim here we come. The problem is, when I do a staff search, about 80% are brazillians (yes its a requirement I hate hair) who speak portugese, about a third of these can speak some form of english, so if I hire these english speaking coaches, with english being a bit of a universal language nowaday's, should be cool yeah?

I think the only thing that affects is their adaptability attribute. If it's low, then it takes longer for them to fill their knowledge about club players bar and offer your backroom advice. Other than that, training is the same as a German coach.

I've had a coach on fm11 who only knew french for 5 years at Liverpool with high adaptability but he never learned English, so I don't think adaptability has any affect in learning languages for staff unless it has been changed for fm12. I also have my reservations about whether the spoken languages have much of an affect on staff.

Thanks for the replies.

I hired 8 Brazillian coaches including my assman and one dutch and one german coach, all with high adaptability, 3 who are (Brazillian)continental! for less than the others?

I just find it strange that my scouts come back with Brazillian contacts for players and staff, when they are mainly scouting Europe with nary any knowledge of south america.

Archived