Absurd Transfer Fees

Why do teams demand so much money for some average players in this game! I tried signing Van Der Weil (Holland RB) and Ajax want like 23 million for him! I undestand its because they dont want to get rid of him but come on! Also tried signing some well.... not so average Mario Gotze and they want 96 million for him -_- seriously!? happens with so many players I want, I play as Arsenal and I'm trying to be as realistic as possible, I wont be able to sign anybody good at that usual Arsenal Price -____-

Why do teams demand so much money for some average players in this game! I tried signing Van Der Weil (Holland RB) and Ajax want like 23 million for him! I undestand its because they dont want to get rid of him but come on! Also tried signing some well.... not so average Mario Gotze and they want 96 million for him -_- seriously!? happens with so many players I want, I play as Arsenal and I'm trying to be as realistic as possible, I wont be able to sign anybody good at that usual Arsenal Price -____-

Thats the AI's cruel way of saying said player is not for sale. Unless you are willing to throw ridiculous amounts of money at players.

Now what is really annoying is when AI offers you less than what the player you are trying to sell is worth and when you ask them to up your bid, they refuse and never come back. Oh and when 30 teams make the exact same offers.

I'll stop before this turns into a rant :) (I'm sick forgive me).

try signing wayne bridge from man city... they try and get rid of him.. but cant because he wants 115k a week

if the AI offers you less then the value, stuff em they are not worth it. if they offer you more and you try and up them. just use the "offer to clubs" option at the price they offered and they will come in again.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone notice like real life prices fluxuate for players depending who you are. for example ive signed Niang for malaga for 6 million at the start.

in a different save as Man City i was asked for 24 million, then with Newcastle it was 8million and then with AC Milan 12. reputation determines price perhaps??

I signed Van Der Weil for £13.5 million which is worth it as he is a very good right back. How did you start your bidding?

You can complain like you have but if SI made the AI reject every bid you made and state the player was not for sale there would be even more threads complaining about it. I do what the AI do with my current side. I have a player worth £12 million but I tell the AI I want £100 million for him to scare them off.

It can swing two ways though. I got 10m for Erik Pieters who was only a back up player valued at 3.6m at the time. Also you can get some players who are really good for around their value or sometimes even lower just because of the club they are at. It's all about scouting and making sure you don't get ripped off just because of reputation.

It's realistic that's why, if they have a decent length left on their contract then teams will ask for more for their players, if the contract length left is shorter then they ask for less. Simple as that. Real life and football manager.

I agree that some transfer fees can be real absurd, but Mario Gotza now definitely not your average player, he is World Class....I play as Arsenal too and paid 80+ million pounds for him, although I sold him for 40+ million pounds just before he turned 30 :D

i enquired for scott sinclar from swansea in jan or feb. they wanted 12.5 million. WHAT!!! i could get a whole midfield of his standard for that.

they got last laugh when they were relegated and i got hom for 3.5 as a result lol

i have no problems paying 20-30 million for a hamsik or a cavani or 10-12 for a very good young 20-23 player with potental by the bucketloads. in which sinclair would not fall.

especially as i was scooping up players for far less. including 2 serbian defenders for 5 million the 2 lol

Well just to get a good view at how blow out of proportion some demands are use FM Scout. Don't filter anything of if you want to use an age range from let's say 21-28 and have a look at the "Sale Value". There are 47 players between the age of 21 and 28 that have a "Sale Value" or asking price above 100.000.000 €.

It's pretty hard to sign a player in this game that the other team doesn't want to get rid off or who demanded a transfer. I think the only that might help is to unsettle the player but somehow players never react to my praise. So well I decided to go for the top talents as long as they are still youth players and build my own home grown team scanning to transfer market every now and then if I can use some player other teams want to get rid of.

The only thing that really gets me angry is the fact if I wanted to buy a player and even 3 or 4 times the market price of the player wasn't enough to get my offer accepted and I withdraw only to get the message two month later that they accepted an offer for half of what I bid for the player from another random team and if I make a bid of an equal amount they still say it's not enough. Gnaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

You have to learn to unsettle a player.

If you think of every major transfer that has taken place of late, there always comes a time when it comes out in the press that the player's "head has been turned" or he hands in a transfer request or comes to some other agreement with his manager.

Ronaldo agreed to stay on one more year at Man Utd and then go - before that, Ferguson was saying he wouldn't sell "that mob" at Real a virus, let alone his best player. But once he knew the player was unsettled, he had to get the best deal possible and move on.

So it took Real Madrid a full year (and they'd also made enquiries two years previously)

Thierry Henry to Barcelona back in the day? It was all over the papers for two years before it happened. Fabregas to Barca? Tapping him up in the press for at least three years.

Torres to Chelsea? They tried to get him in the summer and failed, and (foolishly) came back for him in January.

Berbatov and Lescott? Selling clubs dragged their feet until the very end of the transfer window, and then finally did a deal.

All the good clubs that have sold good players have taken along time to get around to it. But in FM, everyone's impatient and wants to find a player in player search and then buy him the same day.

The big deals almost never go through in the first transfer window that they are attempted.

Man City, who wanted to buy quickly, are comprised of players whose contracts were running out (Nasri, Yaya, Tevez etc); who were unwanted or disruptive at their previous club (Balotelli, Clichy, Kolo Toure, Adebayor, etc.); or less famous players from less famous clubs (Kompany (well FMers knew who he was), De Jong, Kolarov, Zabaleta, etc.). And they still had to pay a fortune for all but the last category. The only star players that they took from notable clubs were Aguero and Dzeko and maybe Lescott -who were all already unsettled - and they still paid a lot for the privilege.

It's only transfer-listed players, youth players, hidden gems (who you don't want to bring to the attention of the press, if you can help it), and back-up players that you should just bid for without taking your time.

I'm finding some players are being sold for really low ammounts of money on mine for example Siem De Jong moved for 1.6 million and was unwanted by Ajax when in real life he's a first team player and would command far more than that, in fact looking at transfers from Ajax they seem to be sellling players well below their value.

What people don't quite get here (I think) is that when an AI club negotiate the price, this means that your bid is within range of what they want. If it is not they will simply reject it. The same counts for the demands if you enquire.

So if you bid £10m for a player and they demand 23, bid 11 next time. Based on experience I would say that you end up near 15 in such a scenario.

some players do sell cheap. even free

we all know of yaya sanogo, wilfried, uros cosic, available for under 3 million. also a newgen for 180k tipped as next emile heskey because he was in league 2.

second season you can get kagawa, sturridge, i even got offered van nistelrooy, tymoschuck, and seedorf via agents on frees. tymoschuck is still valued 1 million, i even got derflinger (value 1.2 million)who is 18. look him up.

the key thing here is age, and where they fit in.

kagawa can't be explained but the rest are either not good enough (sturridge) or old.

man utd sold ji sung park for 1.2 million in the second season. that is insanly low value.

annoys me greatly when you bid a reasonable sum near the value, for a younger player with a 2-3 million value, and a real madrid come in with a crazy bid.

all these cheap great players do not play in the champions league.

blackburn have just been relegated but they still want 17mill for samba!!!! do i need to wait until the update day when they are in the champs to get him cheaper...he's unhappy as wants to leave for better club

Have you scouted him?

How much do they say?

You might have to wait for the season update before his price drops though.

i tell u what annoys me, it seems transfer fees can be linked to the price u paid, for example if a team buys a player for 2m its pretty certain u can sign them in 12 months time for 5m regardless of any other factors. I notice this on many many occasions with promising players who i end up not spotting until they have already been signed.

yes i noticed that, on my united save i went for Vrsaljko as i wanted/needed another guy in the position he plays, he went off to porto, who wanted like 30+ million, and to make matters even worse. i got that done, offer him a staggering 190k a week, and it is not good enough? i am man united for god sakes... not some mid tabler

on second save i pick him up for 1 million and on 6,750 p/w

Archived