"I want to be Forever Young"

jackripper

After browsing the net out of boredom i started to read some articles about the youth of Dortmund. I decided i would give it a crack as they are my type of side in being youthful and also have a good history. My aim is to keep builiding via youth and see if you can really win things with kids...the German edition.

Ballspielverein Borussia Dortmund, commonly BVB, are a German sports club based in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia. Dortmund are one of the most successful clubs in German football history. Borussia Dortmund play in the Bundesliga, the top league of German football

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3S8CEjoh4stAw_avmaBf_TxrV1Zo_9tBqXcSjMQu5M1GV3Gam

My career to date

Season Country League Team Pos Acheivements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11 Germany First Div Dortmund 2nd League Runners Up:German Cup Winners:
2011/12 Germany First Div Dortmund 3rd Community Sheild runners up.

Title/Cup Successes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
German Cup x1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA7egiROlCOtqTMWkLtVqvzdEjrrFW9XxNe_p17dZrN1NvHe_5eg

Dortmund F.C 2010/11

The Early days

So here i am at the club and first impressions are good. Ive signed a 2 year contract at the club. I want to extend that as soon as possible though. First things first and to the team. We seem to lack quality in the middle of the park but with only £775k for a transfer budget i might have to work with what i got. key Players in the team are Goetze, Subotic and Kehl. Il try to move the deadwood to raise some funds but so far no offers for the players ive offered. Im going for a 4-2-2-2 wide formation.

zeljkobuvacreportsteamr.png

UEFA Champions League 2010/11 Group C

1zb5e8.png

barcelonavdortmundinfor.png

dortmundvbaselinformati.png

dortmundvcskamoscowinfo.png

As you can see its been a mixed start with us getting a hammering in the groups opening game against Barcelona. I thought we could of atleast stolen a point but we just didnt turn up and were caught like rabbits in headlights. We picked up our only 3 points from the first half of the group stages as we beat Basle comfortably. However if we were planning on finishing 2nd in the group then we needed a result against CSKA but they thrashed us also.....

UEFA Champions League 2010/11 Group C

cskamoscowvdortmundinfo.png

dortmundvbarcelonainfor.png

baselvdortmundinformati.png

europeanchampionscupinfu.png

We then faced CSKA and again we were beaten well. Secretly i ruled out finishing 2nd and started to concentrate on preparing for the Europa Cup. However our finest performance since i took over against Barcelona saw us sneak a huge 1-0 win. With CSKA drawing against Basle we went into the final game knowing that if we win and CSKA lose against Barca we would finish 2nd. It was nervy as hell as we just snook a 3-2 win while as predicted Barca beat CSKA, So somehow we had qualified for the next round which we should of done and made it easier than we did as we are much better than CSKA but that is football

UEFA Champions League 2010/11 1st Round Draw

1zb5e8.png

europeanchampionscupinfr.png

We enter the knock out stages of the Champions League and of course finishing runners up meant we would face one of Europes big guns. However no game in the champs league is easy these days. We drew Chelsea who are currently top of the Premier League after 17 games so we will have to be at our very best in both games. If we play like we did against Barcelona when we beat them we have a chance, However if we play like the way we did when they raped us we got no chance what so ever.

Inter Vs Arsenal is surely the tie of the round.

Winter Transfer Signings

sergeaurierprofileattri.png

sandroprofileattributes.png

We managed to sign young right back Serge Aurier for a fee of £2.5million and will come straight into the first team squad and provide a challenge for my right back spot with other yongster Jurgen Koch who recently attracted the interest of Real Madrid.

We seemed weak in the middle of the park with only 2 recognised centre midfielders so we agreed to loan Sandro from English club Spurs. He wasnt getting much game time at Spurs and we could offer him that. no future fee has been agreed but if he performs well i might try a bid in the summer.

Dortmund 2010/11-Mid Season update

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEeWsalsuwMXj279Z4Qr5zQ9NGc_0hAQ3uOnxQFSgPCVvXq5wu2A

germanfirstdivisioninfo.png

germanfirstdivisioninfou.png

So far so good as we currently lead the way but only just. It hasnt been total domination as we would of liked, However we are predicted to finish 3rd and have been hovering around the top 2 so far this season which is pleasing. I must say though i dont rarely pay attention to German football but i thought Hertha Berlin and Schalke were part of the big guns in the country but they are struggling which has suprised me. Just hope we can continue and maintian our position at the top.

Dortmund 2010/11-Season Review

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEeWsalsuwMXj279Z4Qr5zQ9NGc_0hAQ3uOnxQFSgPCVvXq5wu2A

We ran out of steam would be the best way to describe the second half of the season. We huffed and puffed but Bayern steamrolled to the title in the end and deservdly so maybe. A few more players in the summer and next season we could become champions. It was always going to be tough to win the league again but with my squad so young they will learn from this experience and hopefully take it onto next season.

borussiadortmunddortmun.png

The 5-1 drubbing at the hands of a crap Schalke side no doubt ended any serious title hopes we had. it was the worst we have ever played and i was furious and my players knew this too. 2 more defeats in the next 3 games ended every slimmer of hope we had and so we concentrated on fighting for 2nd place with Leverkusen. We pipped them by one point in the end. We started to pick up some form at the end of the season scoring goals and conceding rarely which will help us as we build for next seasons campaign

Dortmund 2010/11-Season Review

German Cup

31700211.jpg

We waltzed through every round to the final. Usually i would pick mostly youngsters for these types of cups but with my squad being so young i picked my strongest possible side in each game. We again scored loads of goals and the highlight was the punishing 7-2 win against Rivals Werder Bremen.

werderbremenvdortmundin.png

Fandabadosyyyyyyyyyyyy

The Final

Dortmund F.C Vs FC Bayern

Referee: F.Meyer.

Attendance:74220.

lineupst.jpg

We went into the final with suprisingly no injury worries. Subotic was back from his ban and we went into the game against the Champions. The game was explosive from the start and we dominated for most periods. Despite us dominating and scoring 3 goals 2 of them were own goals and after 90 minutes neither team could be sperated as the game finished 3-3. Extra time and the game seemed to fizzle out. We headed into penatlies and with Van Buyten missing his penatly up stepped Aurier to slot home the winning penalty as we end a frustrating season with a nice trophy win.

dortmundvfcbayerninform.png

UEFA Champions League 2010/11 Round up

1zb5e8.png

Champions League Knock out stages 1st round

dortmundvchelseainforma.png

chelseavdortmundinforma.png

So we drew the mighty Chelsea who at the time were flying at the top of the Premier League. We showed great character in the 1st leg at home and managed to get a creditable 2-2 draw. However we knew Chelsea went into the 2nd leg with the away goals so we had to score. And with Stamford Bridge a fortress we knew it would be tough. My players gave it there very best and a 2-1 defeat was a brilliant result despite it knocking us out of the competition.

europeanchampionscupinf.png

AS you can see Chelsea made the final but a 1-0 win for favourites Barcelona sealed the title.

Squad overall Performance

Key Player

kevingrokreutzprofileat.png

Despite Barrios finishing as the clubs top scorer i decided that Kevin Grokreutz was easily the best player for the whole season. Reminded me of a younger Ryan Giggs the way he destroyed that left wing. To score 21 goals from a wide position is unheard of these days but this guy surely knows where the net is.

jackrippernewsinbox2.png

jackrippernewsinbox.png

With this being a long term project its good to see the board showing the same ambition i am at the moment. Especially when neither of these were reuqested by me.

Dortmund FC--2011/12-Pre Season update

Before we went into the new season the board offered me a 3 year contract worth £23.500 per week, I managed to squeeze another year out of them and signed a new 4 year contract. We then had the news report of the new youth intake and was delighted when it was announced we had amongst the new players one of the best players of his generation and deffo the best youth player ive ever had come through my acadamy in my fm tenure. He is a beast and only 14. the one main problem is wether to promote him right away but im not sure yet.

manuelginczekprofileatt.png

Transfers

sbastienfreyprofileattr.png

jrmytoulalanprofileattr.png

I was given a transfer budget of around £24million and straight away i adjusted my wage budget as we were nearly over it. I now have a good wage budget to work with and was left with around £17million. I needed two players really with a goalkeeper and a centre midfielder as my main priority. I brought in two quality players with Seb Frey coming in for a whopping £10.5million. He wasnt my first choice to be honest as he was an expensive purchase. However main target Ochoa rejected my contract offer and signed for Porto for £6.5mil. If i can get Frey to reproduce the form he did in his early years we have a sensational signing.

Next up was a centre midfielder and with Sandro returning to Spurs after playing a measly 5 games and doing jack **** i headed to the transfer list and to my suprise i managed to sign France destroyer Jeremy Toulalan from mega rich Malaga. He didnt seem to be getting much football in Spain but he will hopefully help me edge out 31 year old Dortmund legend Seb Kehl.

i also signed some youth players recomended by my scouts. This the best one with good potential.

marcelinopolomatprofile.png

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

1zb5e8.png

intervdortmundinformati.png

dortmundvportoinformati.png

dortmundvzilinainformat.png

After the first 3 games of the group stages we started poor again, An expected defeat to Inter who were miles apart in terms of quality from us. Against Porto i expected us to atleast get a draw or even sneak a win but a home defeat was not what we wanted. However a 3-0 win over Zilina put our first 3 points on the board as we got our Champions League underway...finally!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

zilinavdortmundinformat.png

dortmundvinterinformati.png

portovdortmundinformati.png

europeanchampionscupinfa.png

Despite us performing in the 2nd half of the group where we managed to remain undefeated we still failed to qaulify from the the Group. To be honest though financially were doing okay and was glad we had the chance to enter the Europa League as we have a good chance of getting somewhere in the competition. The experience my players will get would surely be more of a benefit going futher hopefully in the Europa League than going out in the next round of the Champions League. I must be crazy to think this way as the Champions League is where you need to be but im still rebuilding at the moment and for now the Europa League will do us good.

We again put 3 past Zilina who were definataly the whipping boys of the Group. A brilliant draw against Group winners Inter set us up for a good game against Porto. We managed to take the lead but it was wiped out as the game finished 1-1.

Europa League 1st round Draw 2011/12

europa-league_1405583c.jpg

eurocupinformationstage.png

So the draw for the Europa League was drawn and i was hoping to avoid the likes of spurs, AC Milan and Napoli in the early stages as these are obvious the front runners to win the competition. If i had to choose between them i would probably pick the ageing AC Milan as im sure my youngsters would run them around the pitch but as you know experience is vital so that would be something wed have to be wary of. We were though drawn against Turkish side Besiktas who had finished runners up in there group behind Valencia. The team has its more talented players and we would have to work out in nulifing the creative talents of Ricardo Quaresma and Simao who are vital for the Turkish team. We have to be on top form if were going to do anything in this tournament.

Dortmund 2011/12

German Cup

After last seasons success in winning this competition i was feeling confident that we would have another great chance of retaining the German Cup. However Koln had different ideas and in a game we should of won we struggled to find any goalscoring touch at all. We went out on dreaded penalties and probably deservedly so. We were plain crap and we Wish Koln all the very best.

Dortmund FC--2011/12 End of Season Review

germanfirstdivisioninfoa.png

germanfirstdivisioninfow.png

Again Bayern were to strong for everyone and again were crowned champions. We did however manage to beat them 3-0 at there own ground but then after that we would end up losing 4-1 to Mainz at home. Thats how our season was. We started sluggishly and picked up some form. We seemed to be drawing a lot of games and if we managed to turn them into 3 points we would be champions. Again we were fighting Leverkusen for 2nd spot and we had a good chance considering we had a better run in. But as you know things dont always work out like that and with us 1 point behind and 2 games to go we blew it by getting our backsides handed to us by relegated Aachen who smashed us 4-1. In our final game i fielded some of the youth players as we cemented 3rd position and had no chance of 2nd and despite battling well they couldnt overturn the 1-0 decifit and we finished a poor season with a defeat.

Winter Signings

axelwitselprofileattrib.png

romelulukakuprofileattr.png

With my 2nd striker Ledownski moaning about playing 2nd fiddle to Barrios it was agreed that he could leave the club. I offered him out for transfer but only Leeds made a formal bid, A loan with view to permanent move if he does well. A future fee of £7million was agreed however i dont see how Leeds can afford to sign him but well see. I hit the loan list and offered Chelsea outcast Romelu Lukaka a chance to showcase his talents and did quite well. I doubt il sign him due to his high price but i wouldnt mind.

The other transfer another loan was Liverpools Alex witsel who for some reason was sitting in the reserves. I put in a loan bid with a future fee of £8.5million if he does the business and he did okay but didnt really set the world alight. He is young and fits in with the squad but do i really want to spend big money on someone who probably will be on the bench behind Goetze. It also goes against him that my youth products are improving and i will be hoping they make the step up next season.

europa-league_1405583c.jpg

dortmundvnapoliinformat.png

napolivdortmundinformat.png

A brilliant run in the Europa league as we reached the Semi finals. We played some tough opposition with the likes of Besiktas and Nancy Lorriane who we managed to see through without any hiccups. We then drew one of the favourites and a brilliant 2-0 home win in the first leg was essential for us reaching the semi final as a 4-2 win for Napoli in the return leg made us sweat as we snuck through on away goals. Shaktar got lucky as we led the 1st leg 1-0 until the 85 minute before 2 goals in 4 minutes killed off the tie. We drew a blank at home in the 2nd leg as we crashed out. that little lapse of concentration in the last 5 mins of the first leg cost us reaching the final.

Key Player

shinjikagawaprofileattro.png

My little Japanese sensation won this award and deservedly so. He was consistent all season and finished only behind Barrios in the AVR rating department. I felt though he edged it for me as he pt in some sensational performances. Especially when we beat Bayern 3-0 away.

The squad though i felt had underacheived. These guys despite there young age have the experience to win this league but must find consistency and turn over the teams there expected to win. 4-1 defeats to Main and Aachen must be 4-1 wins. If we can beat Bayern at home then why we struggle against lower teams i dont know but its a pain in the butt and we must do better next season.

Not as good a season as the first but Lukaku may be a good signiing :D. You can turn it around next season

Yeah if we can start beating teams were meant to well have a good chance. Lukaka might be to costly to sign permanently but il try with a cheeky bid maybe.

Archived