Newgens too good?

Okey, so I started a game with a few leagues loaded in Europe an all national reputation players in the world...10 years of holidays and started looking through the clubs for which to take...what surprised me is the quality of the newgens. Players seem to be a lot better thatn in the start of the game on average. I know in previous years the fault was the opposite - newgens were too crap and were only enough for 3-4 very good teams in Europe but now it seems it is the opposite - only in Italy for example there are about 7-8 sides with the quality of say Inter (well in FM, not in real world where they aren't very good :D ) players in 2011.

PS: It isn't a complaint, just looking to see if I am the only one noticing this...probably if there are others, maybe a slight nerf of the newgens is neccesary for future patch (not a lot as I enjoy the set-up as there are many classy players deep in the game so it makes it more challenging for me!).

I think most people will agree that newgens in FM12 are better than in FM11. To determine whether it is more 'realistic', one would have to compare the amount of high ca/pa players from the original database at game start to a savegame where no real players are active anymore. But in my opinion, there are too many good newgens. But then again I have a 95,000 player database.

Did you start in lower leagues, building your way up? If you do that you may be surprised how many quality players there are in the default database. People are always posting screenshots of "supanewgens" and I am rarely very impressed. Usually there's a few Messi/Ronaldo-class players and then a bunch of generated players who are actually weaker than the likes of Aguero, Rooney, Tevez, De Rossi, Hamsik and friends. It is easy to forget how good those players actually are after 10 seasons building a good enough team to sign that kind of quality.

Besides, the AI needs all the help it can get to keep up, so I am all for overproduction of wonderkids if that is the case after all!

I think with so much advancement in technology and the ability to send scouts to wherever money can send you, the quality of football is vastly improving with the " next so and so" coming up. There's so many good young footballers nowadays then there was in the past. I'm not trying to compare FM to RL but I mean c'mon, football reaches all corners of the world and to say the game produces too much quality young newgens is ridiculous, there's plenty of quality young players coming through the ranks at every club and even more going unnoticed.

bleh, too bad it doesn't show his 196 potential (geniescout)

anyways, if you want good stats , look at this guy

craigreynolds.jpg

should've taken a screenshot of him when he was 17 tho.. his attributes were even better! (as you might see, he's just recovering from damaged cruciate ligament - that's 9 months away from football) He's slow, but before the injury I'd trained his speed up to 15, but goddamn it fell too fast : / back to where he was at 16 y/o

I don't think it matters in what leagues I start in, I just holidayed so that I play in a different world where I don't know who the good players are and have to look for them, but when I decided to start playing (2022) I found that the good players are everywhere. I was wondering if it just my game or is it reoccurring in all people's saves. Trouble is I can't show what I mean as the number of exceptional players is enormous and I can't fit so many screenshots in here (+can't be bothered) :)

bleh, too bad it doesn't show his 196 potential (geniescout)

anyways, if you want good stats , look at this guy

craigreynolds.jpg

should've taken a screenshot of him when he was 17 tho.. his attributes were even better! (as you might see, he's just recovering from damaged cruciate ligament - that's 9 months away from football) He's slow, but before the injury I'd trained his speed up to 15, but goddamn it fell too fast : / back to where he was at 16 y/o

He isn't that great even ignoring how horrifically slow he currently is. I saw lots of players on the last 3 versions far better than this guy...

He isn't that great even ignoring how horrifically slow he currently is. I saw lots of players on the last 3 versions far better than this guy...

Could be, but then you're just proving that newgens are way better than the players of today.. which is realistic in my opinion. Just wanted to contribute to this whole thing with the best that I got : p . Btw, I have a goalkeeper in my youth-team with a PA of 199! His attributes haven't developed yet, but I'm looking forward to when they do : )

Could be, but then you're just proving that newgens are way better than the players of today.. which is realistic in my opinion. Just wanted to contribute to this whole thing with the best that I got : p . Btw, I have a goalkeeper in my youth-team with a PA of 199! His attributes haven't developed yet, but I'm looking forward to when they do : )

Even with +5 in all the physical attributes he is still not better than most of the world class and continental class players from the original database.

Horrible physicals on that Scottish lad, can only see him as maybe a deep lying playmaker but he needs to improve on that stamina and be just a little faster.

I agree, but he seems very focused in training and highly professional. Before his 9 months of injury those physicals were all 4-6 points higher. Too bad he got ****ed up tho, might never get it back. We'll see : )

alexyfoot, why didn't you just untick "Use real players" instead of going on holiday for 10 years :D

All that does is change the player name and picture...the players are still the same - you go to barca and you can find the messi there, he will just have a different name and a newgen picture...

+ there are changes to the teams and how they perform so it is a nice change from the 2011 world :) i.e. Fiorentina are dominating Serie A in the last three seasons, which is fun. Milan struggling in mid-table and so on...but still the topic is about newgen quality and this is a bit off topic :)

i believe fm works on layers that they activate depended at the level of micromanagement to maintain stability in long term saves or something like that so maybe in one save newgens are vgood while in an other they are normal. anyway it is not my intention to find algorithms of fm

i agree that people constantly underestimate how good messi an company are. i really cannot remember seeing a player come along with stats as good as him. sure some of them have huge numbers but usually they are extremely 1 footed and dont have the high mental stats messi does i.e. consistency and big game and professionalism. i find that database defenders in particularly never get as good as the world class defenders in the database.

also depends where you look.

and we have to consider here, not if a player is a world beater etc. if they in a top club then.. yes they are.

i found this guy in scottish division 3. in the FIRST SEASON

7AF9ED225083D36E8709CC09DD3DF7F76515F68C

you tell me. not the best, but fantastic for SD2 (where i have him in a team keeping SPL potentials out) he has stats that i need down there (penalty taking) and his key stats are already of the standard of SD1.

What's with people posting a precession of mediocre regens? Yes, he's very good for the Scottish 2nd tier, but just because he's a good player at that age doesn't mean that he's going to be world class. It's also important to remember that good players come from everywhere, not just the big academies.

Archived