Is the game still really, really easy?

It's been about 2months since i last played FM, mainly because the game was so easy that it was pointless investing any time in it at all.

So has the difficulty issue been sorted at all with any of the latest patches? I would like to know before putting time into a save again.

Thanks.

Still struggling up the Northern Irish Leagues with the mighty Fivemiletown United.

Now sitting second in Division One after 18 games but not confident of going up this season.

Hampered by a wage budget of £600 per week. I can only offer a part time contract of £20 per week and we are £250k in debt.

All good fun though. :D

The starting experience will have a more noticeable effect on your game now - so if you want a tougher challenge use 'Sunday League' experience, likewise if you're finding things too hard try playing with 'International Footballer' experience.

And how do you think FM players will get this useful information?

This is good improvement but do you think that everyone is going to read this reply?

And how do you think FM players will get this useful information?

This is good improvement but do you think that everyone is going to read this reply?

I agree a big improvement if this is the case, if so it can been seen as a difficulty level in some way and thats something that has been called for by quite a lot of the forum users.

• Administrators
And how do you think FM players will get this useful information?This is good improvement but do you think that everyone is going to read this reply?
That's how it should have always been and was described as such - the fact it wasn't working like that was actually a bug. Obviously we'll look into a way of making users more aware of this information for future reference. Thanks.

I've always used the Sunday League experience. Mainly because its all the experience I've had irl and it seems most realistic that way. One thing I've found though, is that signing new players is quite harder for a BSS team. On FM11 I would start off and would usually overhaul my entire team with free transfers I signed before the start of the season. In this game though, there seems a lack of quality players for this level available for free transfer (and those that are have way too high wage demands).

I think it went to an incredibly hard niveau!

I myself with a pretty good Manchester City can't get a freaking handle on Man United anymore..

Just played against them in Premier League, lost 6-0..

Just played them once again in Champions League, lost 5-1..

Going to play against them again in 7 days..

The game is more realistic now. Harder but definitely not too hard. The only complaint I have is the other teams AI on the transfer system. They dont strengthen their teams the way human managers do. In time I suspect that my team will again become far too good while the top sides becoming progressively weaker...and you just end up easily winning everything again. Thats when I lose all interest in playing the game. The game has to stay challenging. Hopefully S.I will do something about this in the January patch. A definite thank you to S.I though for Patch 12.1.1.. fixing the player morale bug the way they have :-)

The starting experience will have a more noticeable effect on your game now - so if you want a tougher challenge use 'Sunday League' experience, likewise if you're finding things too hard try playing with 'International Footballer' experience.

Hope this is true, i've been a hardcore FM player for a decade now but the last two versions have been way too easy to be fun over a long period of time. And i always choose Sunday league as my experience anyway, but it never seemed to make too much of a difference so it's nice to see that it's been tweaked.

Just starting a save up now to see how it compares to the version i stopped playing a couple of months ago.

So Jose mourinho (Lets say sunday league experience) will struggle while Dunga ( International experience) will be a god in football management.

O.o

If you find it easy, which team are you playing with? If you are playing with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Barca etc etc then it will be easier than if you play with lower table teams or in the lower leagues.

Try a team with a lower rep and that will make it harder for you.

So Jose mourinho (Lets say sunday league experience) will struggle while Dunga ( International experience) will be a god in football management.

O.o

An unknown manager coaching a top level team will struggle in FM, yeah, because he won't be able to get players confidence, he'll lack media confidence too. He won't be able to motivate his players as could Mourinho, and therefore they will not play that well.

• Administrators
So Jose mourinho (Lets say sunday league experience) will struggle while Dunga ( International experience) will be a god in football management.O.o
No, they will have a better or worse starting point in terms of players respect and how-well they're known in world football - how they implement their skills depends on you! Are you honestly saying you'd heard of Mourinho as a manager when he got his first job? ;)

Well i started a network game with my brother after a couple months of not playing, and to be honest, there is no change in difficulty whatsoever.

I'm Swansea and He's Norwich, he finished 13th and i finished 5th. I also won the FA Cup and Carling cup, utterly ridiculous. The only players i signed were Jelle Vossen, Gylfi Sigurdsson and a relatively unknown CB. Scott Sinclair finished the season with a goal every 3 games and an assist every second game, Vossen has 34 in 36 games, Sigurdsson has 22 in 35 with 28 assists, Dyer had 9 goals and 16 assists :(

What is even more annoyign is that for every round of the FA/Carling cup every time i faced a premiership team they would field a crazy weakened squad.

In the FA Cup final Spurs fielded 2 18 year olds at CB, Kane, Livermore, Rose, Lennon, Pavlyuchenko, their 3rd goalkeeper....etc. I mean it's the FA cup final, why the hell would they ever field such a weak team, i can understand if it was the 3rd round of the carling cup against Yeovil or something, but in the final of a major competition??? Madness!

Can someone please make a higher difficulty level where the AI are brutal with tactics/transfers :(

Still struggling up the Northern Irish Leagues with the mighty Fivemiletown United.

Now sitting second in Division One after 18 games but not confident of going up this season.

Hampered by a wage budget of £600 per week. I can only offer a part time contract of £20 per week and we are £250k in debt.

All good fun though. :D

Division One? Do you mean the first division or premiership? I'm with Crusaders atm, we got a £8k p/w wage budget, though are losing money every month :( Need to get a place in Europe this season hopefully.

Division One? Do you mean the first division or premiership? I'm with Crusaders atm, we got a £8k p/w wage budget, though are losing money every month :( Need to get a place in Europe this season hopefully.

First Division. A couple of season later we finally secured promotion to the Premier. :D

Guest narekmelik

I think that the whole thread is ridiculous and it deserves such comments. How can you say that this game is really easy? Ask me for a challenge and I'll give you one. Ask me and I'll make this game hard for you. This thread should of been closed the moment it was opened.

I think that the whole thread is ridiculous and it deserves such comments. How can you say that this game is really easy? Ask me for a challenge and I'll give you one. Ask me and I'll make this game hard for you. This thread should of been closed the moment it was opened.

Everyone say the game is too easy, that's why the last patch was made for bring a mini-solution until a real improvement of AI.

Guest narekmelik

How can there be a difficulty to this game? Is it easy? Take the worst team in England and turn them into Champions League winners without making any transfers. Do that and then we'll talk!

How can there be a difficulty to this game? Is it easy? Take the worst team in England and turn them into Champions League winners without making any transfers. Do that and then we'll talk!

Why can't you grasp that you shouldn't need to impose these rules on yourself to have a challenging and enjoyable game? Why on earth do you think it's acceptable to expect people to ignore large parts of the game just to increase difficulty at the expense of enjoyment?

I could start a game right now where i went the lowest team around, only fielded 38year olds, didn't sign anybody....etc but it would take away the fun. The game should be challenging whether you choose to go Chelsea or Gateshead, currently it is neither. If you're happy butchering the game to make it more difficult then go ahead, but don't expect other people to embrace it and make out that people who choose to play the game as it is intended to be played are somehow being moronic.

Why can't you grasp that you shouldn't need to impose these rules on yourself to have a challenging and enjoyable game? Why on earth do you think it's acceptable to expect people to ignore large parts of the game just to increase difficulty at the expense of enjoyment?

I could start a game right now where i went the lowest team around, only fielded 38year olds, didn't sign anybody....etc but it would take away the fun. The game should be challenging whether you choose to go Chelsea or Gateshead, currently it is neither. If you're happy butchering the game to make it more difficult then go ahead, but don't expect other people to embrace it and make out that people who choose to play the game as it is intended to be played are somehow being moronic.

i can't pass comment on challenge because i haven't had time to get into the game yet, but taking the lowest team in the country and making them CL winners is not a challenge, it's a matter of time. The fact is, AI becomes so sloppy over seasons with all aspects of management, that as you become better, they become worse. Thus, it's a matter of time and patience before you hit the top. When, not if.

And I agree in principle with Bradley. It's tiring seeing the same old 'Don't play as a top team' comments. Yes, Madrid is easy compared to Doncaster. However, as AVB and SAF can testify, life at the top is a massive challenge, just a different type of challenge to LLM.

Since when should you take a low team to have a correct AI ?

Guest narekmelik

Everything is and was fine with the artificial intelligence. I found the game very challenging and I have been playing it for years. Such threads should be closed as soon as they're created because they are ridiculous. It annoys me to see that some people call this game 'really easy'. Can I see your results? Tactics?

Everything is and was fine with the artificial intelligence. I found the game very challenging and I have been playing it for years. Such threads should be closed as soon as they're created because they are ridiculous. It annoys me to see that some people call this game 'really easy'. Can I see your results? Tactics?

Just because you find it challenging, doesnt mean everyone else does.

Personally, not a huge amount of change for me, mainly because I've never really had an issue communicating with my side team talk and motivationally in FM12.

No, they will have a better or worse starting point in terms of players respect and how-well they're known in world football - how they implement their skills depends on you! Are you honestly saying you'd heard of Mourinho as a manager when he got his first job? ;)

Dear Neil, unfortunately this system is not working properly as I proved in my thread below. Even with the Mourinho skills, the players will never respect you (Thank you Steam for ruining a perfect game that was working fine in the demo and in my first season!)

Should you have inserted Sunday league Footballer as your previous experience before the patch, you will never gain respect even after success!

Everybody will respect you:

- A jury will give you enough respect to pick you as Manager of the year

- Your reputation bar shall increase and you will receive decent job offers

- The board will acknowledge your achievements

Except one group will never respect you, your own players.

In the match reports you can read in every match for each player in your team (including benchwarmers):

- X is struggling to find the motivation to play when his manager has such a low reputation in the game

- X Appears to have some problems to motivates himself to play for you

Mourinho compensated his lack of experience with his motivation skills.

I can't believe that after he overachieved in his second year, the whole squad was not motivated to play for him because he had a low "starting" reputation...

Instead of addressing the real problem: Poor AI squad building and tactical decisions, SI has found an artificial unrealistic difficulty level to shush the people who were complaining that their game was too easy, not thinking what could be the consequence for customers who were enjoying their game.

This would never happen in real life. Otherwise André Villas Boas, Mourinho and lesser gods as Francky Dury would never made it this far.

I'm really disappointed that SI has imposed this new unrealistic reputation bug on users who were enjoying their game.

You can find proof on the thread below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293822-Manager-reputation-not-functioning-properly-anymore?p=7453799

PS: I have created a thread in the bugs forum http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294277-Manager-reputation-not-functioning-properly-anymore

This would never happen in real life. Otherwise André Villas Boas, Mourinho and lesser gods as Francky Dury would never made it this far.
Pep Guardiola is probably the best modern-day example... A manager whose biggest managerial achievement at the time was promoting a reserve team to the second tier of Spanish football, commanding the respect of a pampered and spoilt Barcelona side within months, taking them to success.

Pep Guardiola is probably the best modern-day example... A manager whose biggest managerial achievement at the time was promoting a reserve team to the second tier of Spanish football, commanding the respect of a pampered and spoilt Barcelona side within months, taking them to success.

Pep is also Mr Barcelona, a club legend, a player Xavi modelled himself on, there is a huge difference there, Pep didnt need to win over their respect, he had it long before he took the job.

I found that starting in the BPP that with 'Sunday League' experience, the first season was difficult to get the players to listen to me. Third season in, my reputation is 'national' now, though still at the lower end of it, and players generally listen to me better now.

Getting promoted first time of asking probably also helped.

Archived