best way to find newgens?

Use genie scout! find it here

if you don't wanna use a third party program, you should have best luck with scouting teams that are known to produce good talents in real life. West Ham, Santos, Roma, Sporting among many other would be a good tries. Also french teams seems to produce very good newgens in fm2012.

Naah.. don't use external programs. It's so much more rewarding if you find the best players yourself and cheaply, too, somewhere in the last corner of the world. Therefore go to the player search screen, create a view with attributes you find important (I have determination, pace, passing and some more). Then search for players aged 20 or younger and specify some must-have attributes. For me it is: Determination, pace and passing >= 11. Then sort the list you will receive by each of the attribute columns and especially look out for players who have a lot of attributes above 15.

Note: For the player search to be effective you need to know that the higher your scouting knowledge is, the more players you will find via the player search.

Naah.. don't use external programs. It's so much more rewarding if you find the best players yourself and cheaply, too, somewhere in the last corner of the world. Therefore go to the player search screen, create a view with attributes you find important (I have determination, pace, passing and some more). Then search for players aged 20 or younger and specify some must-have attributes. For me it is: Determination, pace and passing >= 11. Then sort the list you will receive by each of the attribute columns and especially look out for players who have a lot of attributes above 15.

Note: For the player search to be effective you need to know that the higher your scouting knowledge is, the more players you will find via the player search.

thanks i dont like using them aswell. could you put a scree shot what you go please

Ok, with no external programs this is what I do:

Hire as many scouts as the club can take, but hire the ones with bad stats. You only need one good scout! They are cheap, but gives you the same scouting knowledge as any other staff. This gives more search results. Look for high determination in general and position-specific attributes when searching for a specific position.

When you've found a player you wanna look more into, use the good scout you've got to create a report on that player. Often you'll be able to "approach to sign" and only pay around 1 mill in compensation with no transfer bid because he's just under a youth-contract with his current team. Unethical maybe, but that's what the AI get for not giving them a pre-contract : )

Ok, with no external programs this is what I do:

Hire as many scouts as the club can take, but hire the ones with bad stats. You only need one good scout! They are cheap, but gives you the same scouting knowledge as any other staff. This gives more search results. Look for high determination in general and position-specific attributes when searching for a specific position.

When you've found a player you wanna look more into, use the good scout you've got to create a report on that player. Often you'll be able to "approach to sign" and only pay around 1 mill in compensation with no transfer bid because he's just under a youth-contract with his current team. Unethical maybe, but that's what the AI get for not giving them a pre-contract : )

that's sounds good to get scouts from Angola etc were less club's wont have a high range of knowledge

scout places with good facilitys manually (requires some research).

if you are lower league, scout queens park, they have hamden park for some reason so seem to be splurting out half decent players.

i find the compensation thing quite funny, when they try and sell you the player for more then the compensation when you offer.

send your scouts out to countries with:

age maximum 18

rating 4 star+

then whatever traits you wish to have

also, depending on your scouting range you can scout the youth national teams for the major countries. i recommend looking at mexico. chivas, america, cruz azul. they all seem to produce some really high level players.

Archived