How to manage duplicate graphic files? (e.g. player pics, club badges)

Koki

I downloaded several face and badge packs and a lot of these packs contain files for the same player or club. I thought I could throw them all in one folder but the problem would be that the config.xml files would override each other, right? So is there a way to get rid of duplicate files? Or is there a config.xml-generator that generates a config.xml for all files in one folder? Any help appreciated :)

I just keep each config and its files in a seperate folder to other config and files so as not to muddle them up. i.e. face images in a folder called facepack. badges in a folder called icons, etc. Then throw all folders in User file Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/.

Don't know if the game will find all files and configs together. With each item in the game needing a unique ID, some files will have the same file names i think, so I don't think that would work.

• 2 months later...

Note to myself and anyone else stumbling upon this thread while searching for an answer: Simply throw all graphic files of one kind into the same folder and use the "FM Graphics Configurator" to easily create a new config-file that contains all graphic files of that folder.

Archived