Can FM12 and FM10 share graphics files?

I've installed a lot of extra graphics data (and I mean a lot: 5gb+) in FM12 to;

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics

On my old PC, I've also got a similar amount of graphics data installed at;

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics

In an ideal world, I'd like to re:install FM10 on my new PC (I'm missing my old 20 year Worcester City save game!) albeit without the huge amount of additional graphics. But it's just no fun without all of the club logos, shirts and faces.

As the C: drive on my new PC is a 128Gb SSD, I'm trying to keep the number of files installed to a minimum. Are the graphics files in FM10 and FM12 compatible and if so, is there a way to point the default location for FM10 to the relevant FM12 graphics directory?

i'm using the same facepacks plus updated with new faces since fm09.

only the config files changed since there are new faces for new players as the series go.

perhaps your pack didn't contain faces that already in the game from fm10 as fm10 still have license to some leaqgue and major clubs.

anyway, some new star faces won't appear in your fm12 because they're not there or not yet famous in fm10 nevertheless.

ALSO, in fm12 you need to UNTICK "use skin cache" and TICK "Always reload skin on confirm" for it to work.

Archived