World Class UK regens in FM12?

I found on FM11 that regens from the UK of exceptional quality were very rare, I mean a word class regen like Gazza or Wayne Rooney or Giggs. Most of the real talent with technical ability came from South America and certain parts of Europe which is kind of true I guess, but the UK sometimes pops out one or two.

In your long term games on FM12 have you seen any any technically gifted world class UK regens?

I saw a quality youngster from Wales on my Derby save (which I have since stopped playing). He was already a good player league player at 16 and I checked after I gave up on the game and he had a CA/PA of ~130/195. So they do exist... How common are they though... Who knows...

Not quite UK, but my scout in Ireland has just recommended a 17 year old regen who's contract is not being renewed by Shelbourne. I checked with FMRTE and he's not only good for going straight into my L2 first team, but his potential means he could go on to be one of the outstanding right backs in GB&Ireland. He's happy with my modest wage offer; roll on Jan 1st!

Thanks to FMRTE I also noticed that Tottenham's academy brought through a kid who will be one of the world's great strikers - he's just made the England U21 squad aged 18.

i have a CD in my team but i dont know if he will reach his potential as my facilities are not up to scratch yet

i have also produced a LW, a CM and a striker and all of them have 5 star potential (in my team which are good already and last year ended up 2nd in premiership)

from what i have noticed in FM12 AI teams do not really bother with youth development. i want to have a look and compare their facilities at my save with the initial facilities they start with as i believe they dont improve them (in fm11 i use to get constant messages about premiership teams improving their facilities)

That's quite realistic I would say we don't really have any genuine world class players atm and over the past seasons I would only have classed Ashley Cole as genuine world class. The others such as Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard are hyped up massively in the English media yet never produce on a world stage

I'm in 2018 now and I haven't seen any amazing UK newgens yet. France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany and Italy are where most of the best ones appear. Spain and Holland are probably just below them and above England for producing quality newgens.

I never pay too much attention to the English regens, but I've picked up several very technical talented Irish and Scottish players in the past.

Ironically the best technical UK player I've ever signed was an Englishman -- one of the very few Englishmen I actually signed ever. They're usually way too expensive for me. Aaron Smith was his name and it was in FM'11. He was an AMR had a 20 for acceleration and an equal score for his pace. His technical stats were superb too, but his mental stats were... average at best. When I look back to all my previous FMs, Smith definitely comes close or rivals my best AMR ever.

It's unlikely you'll find too many technically gifted UK players because regens attributes are weighted depending on where they come from. So Brazil, Argentina and Spain will produce technically gifted players because they do in real life, while the UK is more likely to produce players with good physical and mental attributes.

You may get the odd gifted genius, but they will be rare.

It's unlikely you'll find too many technically gifted UK players because regens attributes are weighted depending on where they come from. So Brazil, Argentina and Spain will produce technically gifted players because they do in real life, while the UK is more likely to produce players with good physical and mental attributes.

You may get the odd gifted genius, but they will be rare.

GKO6X.png

pretty much backs up your point, this guy will be a beast for me though, came thru my 14/15 youth candidates and while he's not the best technically (something I'm trying hard to improve on - not sure if I should focus on technique, first touch or dribbling tho) he's clearly got good physicals & mentals. His attitude is also listed as model professional he's been capped for U21 at 16 and broke Spurs youngest scorer albeit in a cup match with Ass. Man controlling.

I'm hoping once he's on a senior training schedule I'll see a decent rise and I'm deffo gonna look to send him to the Championship asap

Archived