Contract negotiation trick

Dammit I just found something cheap you can do in the game by accident. If you're going to buy a player there is a way you can reduce his wage demands. Offer him his first contract choice (or a nice contract) which makes him happy. Then cancel the transfer. You can repeat this. Every time you do this his agent become happy with you for great negotiations so next time his demands will be lowered.

There's a trick where if you offer a player a decent, but no acceptable contract, then another team comes in for him, if you improve his contract enough (sometimes very little, sometimes about 1/3 of his wage again) the agent will immediately accept your offer and the player will transfer to you, regardless of the other teams that have gone in for him.

I've found that if I cancel the transfer of players they usually become unhappy and won't talk to me again for a while, might try your suggestion to see how it goes though.

More of an exploit that you really wouldn't use. It's there for when you actually need to cancel the contract and try again next window. I can't see why people would do it all the time, as other have mentioned about other clubs coming in. Although the addition of agents can be annoying, it's great when you get one that likes you.

Slightly off topic, is there a way to search for agents? Eg. Find the ones that you have a good/bad relationship with?

Archived