Question about Barca/ Barca B

When managing English teams its easy to keep "fringe" players fit even when not playing in the first team by "making player available for reserves"

But, as manager of barca how do you keep fringe players fit? I presume there is a better alternative to simply transferring between A and B teams constantly?

You cant send players registered for the first team to the B team because they are already registered to play in your team and theefor cannot be registered to play for the B team. The B plays in the segunda and have to register their players before season starts, like any other standalone club. You can promote their players, but if you play them more than 6 times in the league then you cannot send them back down again.

If you want to promote down, you can do so up until the seasons starts. You cannot send foreigners to the B team if they get relegated to Segunda B or below. You then can no longer send players down once registration has closed. Cup games dont count towards the 6 games policy. So you can play as many of them in the Copa or Champions League and return them to the B team.

What I do in Spain is to bring back an injury guy on the bench. Give him one or 2 games where he comes on for last 30/mins, then start him and he is fully fit. He still does the buisness.

When managing English teams its easy to keep "fringe" players fit even when not playing in the first team by "making player available for reserves"

But, as manager of barca how do you keep fringe players fit? I presume there is a better alternative to simply transferring between A and B teams constantly?

You rotate your squad to keep 18-20 fit and don't worry about the rest.

Having the odd player not match fit isn't an issue and when they fill in for injury they'll be fit after a couple of matches.

Archived