Game is currently unavailable

If you're looking for a solution, try this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184717&viewfull=1#post7184717

Before you try anything else, though, verify the game cache in Steam. Let me know if you need advice on doing this. It fixed it for me when I got this.

As for why it happens, I do not know.

In Steam, right-click on "Football Manager 2012". Then select "Properties", which is at the bottom of the dropdown. Then look at the tabs at the top of the box that appears and select "Local Files". Then choose "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." Make sure FM is closed at the time. Once it's verified, try and launch the game as normal.

Well I've done the cache thing and now it is updating football manager which is going to take 30 mins. This had better work!

I don't make any promises. It rarely takes me 30 minutes to do so hopefully it'll be quicker than that for you.

When this happened to me yesterday I just turned off my computer, went and got a drink, came back and loaded up my computer again and FM loaded up.

same as me, game unavailable so i came out of steam completely tried again and all good.

Archived