*i'm excited*! Finally decided upon my squad.

Having taken 2 months and 1 day of experimenting with various bits and pieces pre-season, trying out different players, reading a lot of stuff about my team IRL and amending the DB accordingly (bad as well as good! took my team's rep down) and despite my legendary indecision, I've finally settled on a squad.

i reckon i've got enough defensive nous and attacking guile to see me safely mid-table in season 1 it'll all come down to my tactics now, an area where i'm no guru but DO like to develop my own and watch full games in pretty much slo-mo to try to understand what's happening and where i can improve.

I'm gonna need a few tweaks. I'm trying to avoid my defenders getting "turned" by opposition strikers so i'm after agility but my stopper is 9 for agility so needs some serious training in the next 24 mths to make him half decent. my Cover hasn't great anticipation or positioning but he's got the requisite physical attributes.

Got a CM/A with no PPMs will hopefully get him to make forward runs and improve his shooting.

And playing my primary playmaker in the ML role because he's no physical presence and i don't want to get over-run in the CM where i've some decent muscle.

All in all work to be done but i'm chuffed i'm finally gonna get into the season proper and see how my thinking works out!

Archived