I need help!

OK since the new patch was released I have become the worst manager in the world, I can't get a win at all and all my team talks just bring the squad down. I've started like 4 new games and just can't get into it at all.

Before the new patch I was addicted to the game but now I'm playing for no more than a couple of hours before getting that stressed I feel its best to turn it off before I lose my head.

I would like some tips from people who are having a bit of success with a new game on this patch, I'm playing the game as I have done for the last 10 years, I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.

I too found the same problem. I am Preston in League 1. Was sat 2nd with 3 players scoring regularly. Since the patch (and I am in no way critical of it!) I've found my form has been 'stuttery' (to say the least!

Now, as I've said, I'm not critical of the patch... it feels like a more authentic, well rounded version of the game. I have found that when I have put mopre time in to understanding the opposition and their tactics nd how to counter them I have got more positive results. I think in essence this patch has got rid of the 'press continue and I'll win' mentality, and gone are the days of my multi tasking of fm and watching my wife's programmes on tv. This needs my time, my focus, my LIFE!!! Put a hold on Christmas... I'm pushing for promotion here...

I don't understand though Mike, I have 3 tactics set up with different line ups saved and training is top notch. Yet when It comes to the matches my team just seem to ignore what has been done in training and pre-season and decide to let in goal after goal. I too am not critical of the patch it does seem more realistic but for the last 10 years of playing CM/FM and have some success in games but since the patch I'm losing 5-6 games on the bounce with teams like Juve and Napoli and also getting completely dominated in every single game I play.

Think of it as you needing some 'on the job training'. It's a bit like when Dalgliesh went back to Liverpool... I'm sure he was a bit shocked by how much football has changed. I think that this patch has taken such a step towards realism that it needs some of us to unlearn bad habits and relearn new ones. I've got the different line ups thing, and the training is all sorted but it needs me to have a true understanding of my team AND oppoosition. I'll be honest... I am sometimes a 'lazy' player, i'll glance at my team, think that everything is fine and click Play Match... I just think that this patch has taken that opportunity out of the game! I know this isn't helping much, but it might be good to know you are not alone!

The patchy form is the thing that is really annoying me. It has happened with all 4 games I've done since release of the patch. When I'm winning the players are OK morale wise then soon as a couple of losses come that's it there down and its going to take something special to get them back.

If it makes you feel better, my fixture list looks very similar. I can't see my team being 'Invinsibles' for a while haha. I really think it needs a deeper level of understanding of the game. And this is not me preaching to you from a position of higher ground, because I find myself very much in the same boat. I am convinced however that this has got to make the FM game 'better'!!!! Maybe not easier, or less stressful... but surely more rewarding?

I hope so mike, I'll keep plugging away at it anyway.

There's no way I'll let it beat me even if it takes me till FM13 to overcome what's happening at the minute I'll continue to play without a doubt. Thought I would post because the start of this Juve game has so far gone exactly the same as my 2 seasons with Napoli and 1 each with Saints and Leicester.

So after all my advice to you... I have just scraped , and I mean scraped, a draw away at Leyton Orient. HaHaHa and that was after thinking hard about tactics etc... I blame my wife for distracting me. Being yelled at from the stands whilst trying very ard to spot a weakness in the oppositions defence is not useful or helpful. I feel like Steve Kean...

Steve Kean LOL I think I maybe doing just a bit better then him at the minute though I'm not far away. After my 2-1 win at home to Inter I thought things may be looking up but then I go and lose to Bologna. I hope the November Internationals bring my team a bit of good form though I'm not too optimistic on that happening.

Next game is Novara at home if we don't win that there must be something I'm doing wrong.

Well let me know how it goes! Maybe like you said a November break would do yours good. Have you tried a team meeting? Sometimes they work. I hold one about once a month... anymore often and the team get a bit grumpy with me! Imagine... a manager... holding a team meeting... CRAZY!!!!

And at least Steve Kean gets a trip to India every so often and chicken! What do I get from the North End faithful? Frostbite and a trip out to see Blackpool lights!

Managed a 3-1 win but lost Shaqiri for a month. Tried a team meeting in the middle of my 6 games without a win didn't get much positive back from the team apart from Pirlo and Vucinic the rest didn't have anything to say.

Then went and lost away at Palermo 1-0 the game after, in all 6 games I've lost this season its been 1-0.

2011-12-23_00002.jpg

Time to go out for a few beers anyway, chill out a bit hopefully change my fortunes tomorrow.

Archived